Mailbox Rights not getting set when new mailbox is created for a user

Mailbox Rights not getting set when new mailbox is created for a user

Post by Michae » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:06:15

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this
problem?

Usually when a new exchange mailbox is created for the
user, it will add the permissions (Mailbox Rights) to the
right users and groups automatically if you look
under "Exchange Advanced" tab when you are enabled to
view Advanced Features on AD Users and Computers on your
Exchange machine.  But it fails to do this step.  Anyone
experience something similar?

This is preventing us from making any new exchange
accounts for our users.  We're running Exchange 2000 SP2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mailbox Rights not getting set when new mailbox is created for a user

Post by Lanc » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:06:38

I'm having the same issue.  Are you new users being added
to the GAL?
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this
>problem?

>Usually when a new exchange mailbox is created for the
>user, it will add the permissions (Mailbox Rights) to the
>right users and groups automatically if you look
>under "Exchange Advanced" tab when you are enabled to
>view Advanced Features on AD Users and Computers on your
>Exchange machine.  But it fails to do this step.  Anyone
>experience something similar?

>This is preventing us from making any new exchange
>accounts for our users.  We're running Exchange 2000 SP2.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>.

Mailbox Rights not getting set when new mailbox is created for a user

Post by Michae » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:41:25

Oh nevermind.  The mailbox rights don't appear unless you
check owa, or send it email.  not before that.

But Lance, maybe your Recipient Update Service is not
going through.  Try going to the Exchange System Manager
+Recipients
  +Recipient Update Service

and maybe change the domain controller it is using to
push the recipient updates if you got more than one DC's
up.  This might explain why they are not making it to GAL.

Michael

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm having the same issue.  Are you new users being
added
>to the GAL?

Post by Lanc » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 04:45:17

Thanks for the reminder.  That was it.  I forgot that
removed the RUS off a server when I upgraded to SP2.  Duh!
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Oh nevermind.  The mailbox rights don't appear unless you
>check owa, or send it email.  not before that.

>But Lance, maybe your Recipient Update Service is not
>going through.  Try going to the Exchange System Manager
>+Recipients
>  +Recipient Update Service

>and maybe change the domain controller it is using to
>push the recipient updates if you got more than one DC's
>up.  This might explain why they are not making it to GAL.

>Michael

1. new mailbox not being created with new active directory user

Man, I'm really starting to dislike this!!!

Does anyone have any ideas why a mailbox would not be created when a new
Active Directory user is created?  We use the new user wizard and make sure
the option is checked to create a new mailbox.  In the Active Directory
Users container we can view the properties of that new user and it shows the
correct email addres, etc.  But then if we go to the Exchange System Manager
the new mailbox is not there.  The user is never able to configure Outlook
2002 correctly because it states that the mailbox name cannot be found on
the server.

What gives?  I know this worked at one time (not that long ago!).  We were
able to create all the users and mailboxes when we first set this server up.

Is it just me or is Exchange 2000 MUCH more a pain in the a$$ than Exchange
5.5 was? sheesh!

Also, does anyone know if it is possible and if so, how, to change the
default message for undeliverable messages?  We are trying to customize our
message to remind our users of the correct process for sending outside
emails.

Thanks for any help or advice on this!

Parrish

2. Exchange 5 does not work when tcp/ip installed on client

3. Creating new user in AD doesn't create new mailbox

4. Questions on SMTP relay and POP3

5. Creating New User Doesn't Create New Mailbox

6. event id 13004

7. Mailbox not being created with new user.

8. Public Folders

9. Set user mailbox not to accept new email

10. Mailbox is created with new user but it does not exsist

11. New problem -- If create mailbox for existing user policy not applied, if create a new user and mailbox at same time it is

12. New User Account Doesn't Create New Mailbox

13. creating new users/problem with new mailbox