Exchange 2003 Evaluation to Full Version

Post by Scott A. Jone » Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:18:18

I understand that I should be able to do an "in place" upgrade of Exchange
Server 2003 Evaluation Edition to the full version.  However, I can't tell
which selection to choose during installation.  I have the following
choices:

1.  Coexistence with Exchange 5.5
2.  Coexistence with Mixed Mode Exchange 2000 and Exchange 5.5
3.  Upgrade from Exchange 2000 Native Mode
4.  New Exchange 2003 Installation

#4 seems like the most likely candidate.  However, when I look at the
remaining steps, it doesn't appear that it's going to install over my
existing server, keeping the current settings.  I don't want to lose any of
my existing data.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott

Post by Henrik Walthe » Tue, 04 Nov 2003 01:06:16

> I understand that I should be able to do an "in place" upgrade of Exchange
> Server 2003 Evaluation Edition to the full version.  However, I can't tell
> which selection to choose during installation.  I have the following
> choices:

> 1.  Coexistence with Exchange 5.5
> 2.  Coexistence with Mixed Mode Exchange 2000 and Exchange 5.5
> 3.  Upgrade from Exchange 2000 Native Mode
> 4.  New Exchange 2003 Installation

> #4 seems like the most likely candidate.  However, when I look at the
> remaining steps, it doesn't appear that it's going to install over my
> existing server, keeping the current settings.  I don't want to lose any of
> my existing data.

> Any suggestions?

Choose #4 and then "Reinstall".

--
Henrik Walther
http://exchange-faq.dk

1. upgrade 2003 evaluation copy to full version

hi

we are using windows 2003 and exchange 2003 on a server.
now the exchange 2003 evaluation period got over. now that
we bouth action pack and wanted to install registered full
version exchange 2003 on the existing evaluation copy..
how do i do this installation is it necessary to consider
any preinstallation precautions?? please let me know how
do successfully install exchange 2003 full verison on
evaluation copy.

regards
jai

2. Exchange 4.0 & MS Access 95

3. How to know Exchange Server 5.5 is Evaluation Version or full version

4. Dedicate more disk space to logs or databases????

5. FAQ's

6. Recipient policies VS mixed mode

7. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 evaluation to Exchange 5.5 full version

8. Exchange 2003 trial to Full Version upgrade path?

9. Upgrading evaluation Exchange 5.5 to Full version Exhange 5.5

10. evaluation to full version - Exchange Server 5.5

11. how do i install the full version of exchange server 5.5 over the evaluation ver