ATTACHMENT (ie. XLS) being converted to .DAT in LOTUS NOTES SYSTEM

ATTACHMENT (ie. XLS) being converted to .DAT in LOTUS NOTES SYSTEM

Post by Leo » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:34:11

To anyone:

We are encountering some problem when we attach files
(ie. XLS, DOC) to an email using Outlook 2000 as client
and Exchange 5.5 with SP3 as server.  All files that is
being sent to our client using Lotus Note have the
attachment's extension converted to .DAT.

Please, if anyone knows how to resolve this issue, really
need your help.

Thanks.

Leo

ATTACHMENT (ie. XLS) being converted to .DAT in LOTUS NOTES SYSTEM

Post by John Westworth [MS » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:55:15

I'm assuming the message is going over the SMTP connector.

Have you tried sending the message as plain text ?

HTH

--
John Westworth

Join the Community at http://communities2.microsoft.com/home/

Quote:> To anyone:

> We are encountering some problem when we attach files
> (ie. XLS, DOC) to an email using Outlook 2000 as client
> and Exchange 5.5 with SP3 as server.  All files that is
> being sent to our client using Lotus Note have the
> attachment's extension converted to .DAT.

> Please, if anyone knows how to resolve this issue, really
> need your help.

> Thanks.

> Leo

1. attachments being converted from .xls to .dat extensions

I use Exchange 5.5, SP4.  I have a user that sends mail to
an internet address with a .xls attachement that arrives
to the receipient ( who is using Lotus Notes) as a .dat
file.  Others users can send the same attachment to the
same receipient without issue?

any ideas?

thanks,

chris

2. Incoming mail never gets delivered ?

3. attachments being converted from .xls to .dat

4. Active directory

5. Attachment Extensions changed to DAT from DOC or XLS

6. Outlook Web Acces task list

7. Login Pro'

8. Microsoft Lotus Notes Movemail Utility does not work on Lotus Notes 5.x

9. Lotus Notes client v4.61 with Lotus Notes Connector

10. Converting Lotus Notes Mail to Exchange