Logging and Backup problem after running eseutil /r

Logging and Backup problem after running eseutil /r

Post by R.L. Schilperoor » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 02:41:03

Hello,

Last Friday I had a problem with one of our Exchange Servers.
After a server reboot both the priv.adb and pub.edb where inconsistant.

Because this happened after a day's work and before a backup I decieded to
try the eseutil utility.

After running the eseutil utility with the extension /r both the edb files
where consistant again and the services started without any problem....
Nothing was reported in the event viewer.

After the weekend we noticed the Backup has reported a failure...
Because of other changes, that happened over the weekend, my colleage
decided to wait one more day to give me notice of this problem...

But, the second day, the backup reported another failure...

The NtBackup error pointed at a problem in the edb.log and when i was looked
further into this problem i noticed something strange...

the edb.log edb.chk and the edb***.log in the mdbdata directory didn't
change date.....logging didn't seem to work anymore...
(i checked the location of the log files in the registry and mdbdata is
still the ctive' directory)

What did i do wrong....and how can i fix this problem..

Did i had to remove al the .log files after i ran eseutil /r, and is this
still possible?

Please reply directly to my e-mail adres..

Thanks in advance....
Rene

1. Logging and backup problem afther running eseutil /r on a Exchange 5.5 server

[...]

2. Problems after change of Internet provider

3. Unable to Backup Directory Service after running ESEUTIL

4. How to import hollidays in the public calendar

5. Ran eseutil /p and now I have big problems

6. large stores

7. Store Problem - Can't run eseutil

8. Exchange Chat

9. mailbox problems after running eseutil on priv and pub

10. Ran eseutil /p and now I have big problems

11. Problems running ESEUTIL /D

12. Ran eseutil /p and now I have big problems

13. STILL PROBLEM - Running Outlook without being logged on to the domain PROBLEM