Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on Win2K

Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on Win2K

Post by Ken » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:35:17

I have 5.5S runing on Win2k Srv with all SPs.  When running 5.5E install, at
the point the install should start to copy files, the setup.exe in
taskmanager goes to "not responding".  I suspect it may be a problem with
xcopy.exe.  Thought?

Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on Win2K

Post by Ken » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:31:41

I figured it out:

From a clean reboot, do the following:

Run the install through Add/Remove
Open Task Manager Applications tab and wait for the setup program to stop
responding
Go to the Porcesses tab and end the process of xcopy.exe

The installation should continue as normal.

Quote:> I have 5.5S runing on Win2k Srv with all SPs.  When running 5.5E install,

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=xcopy&num=10&as_scoring=r&btnG=G...

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:28:06

>I figured it out:

>From a clean reboot, do the following:

>Run the install through Add/Remove
>Open Task Manager Applications tab and wait for the setup program to stop
>responding
>Go to the Porcesses tab and end the process of xcopy.exe

>The installation should continue as normal.

Uhhh, no.

Add COPYCMD=/Y to the environment variable and then reinstall.

XCOPY is waiting for you to reply to its question about replacing
files. Of course there's no UI or command line so answering the
question isn't possible.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Upgrade Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise

Hi.

Last night I tried to do an upgrade from Exchange 5.5
Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise.  The installation
failed with an error  "Setup could not continue..error IDs
C1032C08 and C106FC0D.

We are reaching the 16Gb limit with the Standard version
and need to upgrade ASAP.  I don't want to have to rebuild
the whole server from scratch.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Samantha

2. Automating a mailbox import

3. Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition Upgrade

4. Cannot make ADO connection in server routing agent script ???????

5. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise.

6. Emails Disclaimer In all outgoing emails

7. upgrade for Exchange 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

8. Exchange 2000 to 2003 Migration

9. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise Edition...

10. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard -> 5.5 Enterprise

11. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 standard -> 5.5 enterprise

12. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

13. Exchange 5.0 Enterprise upgrade to Exchange 5.5 Standard