IMC queue error 3038

Post by Trac » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I did stop and restart the service and many people did recieve
previously delivered mail.
Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated. I looked on MS
knowledge base and couldn't find zip.

Event ID 3038:
An attempt to remove processed messages from the outbound store queue
has failed. The removal will be retried later. If the messages are not
removed before the service is shut down, the mail will be resent at
service startup causing duplicate mail.

--
Live your life to it's fullest, 'cause you only get one chance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

IMC queue error 3038

Post by Trac » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am running Exchange 5.5 with SP1

Quote:> I did stop and restart the service and many people did recieve

--
Live your life to it's fullest, 'cause you only get one chance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

IMC queue error 3038

What other software is installed on that server?

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

1. IMC error: Event 3038: Fail removal Outbound Store Queue Message

Many external clients/people did recieve duplicate mail from my company's
Exchange server. Hundreds of event ID 3038 appear in Application Log. I
cannot find any resolution from Technet. Permission on all subfolders of
/imcdata/ are OK. Virus scan (file level) is disabled. GroupSheild installed
on Exchange and is running. What is the cause and resolution? Any help on
this one would be greatly appreciated.

Event ID 3038:
An attempt to remove processed messages from the outbound store queue has
failed. The removal will be retried later. If the messages are not removed
before the service is shut down, the mail will be resent at service startup
causing duplicate mail.

2. Problem with Fax service in Outlook

3. IMC event 3038, Outbound store queue has failed, duplicate messages...

4. using exchange as a forwarding server background the main server

5. event id 3038 problems. Help please

6. make money for doing nothin! 79919

7. Event ID 3038

8. Exchange Problem

9. Anyone familiar with Event ID:3038

10. Event ID: 3038

11. Event ID: 3038 MSEXCHANGEIMC

12. Internal Processing Warning - Event ID 3038