Mail Delivery Failed Messages

Post by Fnoo » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:23:54

Hi, I'm not sure where I should be posting this one, so if anyone can
point me at a more appropriate group, then please do.

Basically, from this morning, I've been receiving messages like this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software
(Exim).

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT

    host roland.uk2.openworld.co.uk [194.201.40.147]:

        by he105war.uk.vianw.net with smtp (Exim 4.04)
        id 1AJIFI-0007WZ-00

Subject: Re: Re: I don't like that site  qodhltzzfiuzsouty

In each case, my email address is listed as the originating sender,
and the "name" changes each time, e.g.

The "received from" IP address is not ours in any of the mails, and
changes each time. Our IP does not appear in the headers of any mail.
The only thing in the mail header which belongs to us is
OURDOMAIN.co.uk

Basically, I want to check with those in the know: Am I right in
thinking that my email address has just ended up on a list somewhere,
and I can't do anything about this? I don't like the idea of spam
crashing about with our domain name tagged onto it. Or is there a
possibility that it HAS come from our network somehow?
We don't have an open relay running, it's been tested several times.
(Running exchange 2000)

Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks! :)

Jo

1. Event ID 4001 - Message delivery failed, why?

I get this error messages all the time, can anyone help me start to look in
the right direction on how to fix it?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: Connection Manager
Event ID: 4001
Date:  2001-02-05
Time:  19:37:55
User:  N/A
Computer: FIDELIODATA
Message delivery to the remote domain 'media.se' failed.  The error message
is 'An SMTP protocol error occurred.
'. The SMTP verb which caused the error is 'MAIL'.  The response from the

Any help would be deeply appreciated

Regards

/Ronny

2. Logon/Logoff Failure Audits in the Event log, One user on system once an hour...

3. Message delivery failing

4. MS Exchange Dequeuing

5. Message delivery to the remote domain failed

6. Customize messages received from SendMail

7. Event ID 4001 - Message delivery failed, why?

8. CDO & Trademark symbol

9. How to configure local DNS to relay mails to external DNS if local delivery fails

10. Undeliverable mail- Delivery Failed 5 attempts and Unknown Host

11. Failed Delivery of mail

12. SMTP mail delivery failing - Event 4090

13. MS Mail 'delivery failed' with Outlook