Prevent certain users from sending to external addresses

Prevent certain users from sending to external addresses

Post by P.J. Grinsell Jr » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 02:19:00

Is there a way in Ex2K that I can prevent certain users
from sending mail to external addresses, such as an
Internet address?

Thanks in advance,
P.J.

Prevent certain users from sending to external addresses

Post by John Oliver, Jr. [MVP » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:03:13

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_sec5.htm

Quote:> Is there a way in Ex2K that I can prevent certain users
> from sending mail to external addresses, such as an
> Internet address?

> Thanks in advance,
> P.J.

Prevent certain users from sending to external addresses

Post by Carlo » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 04:14:19

Good Lookin out man.  Excellent link!!!!

> http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_sec5.htm

> > Is there a way in Ex2K that I can prevent certain users
> > from sending mail to external addresses, such as an
> > Internet address?

> > Thanks in advance,
> > P.J.

1. Preventing Certain Users Sending External Mail

Howdy all

I have been asked a few days ago an interesting question - How to limit
certain users from sending mail outside the Organization (Via SMTP virtual
Server ofcourse )

That was possible in 55 by removing the SMTP address for the User or
limiting his access to the Internal Mail connector
How it is one on Exchange 2000 ?

Method one - creating an SMTP connector with the address Space of * and
limiting access for the user - Doesn't work ofcourse since the Mail will go
through the Default SMTP virtual Server

so i had a different approach in Mind - Creating A separate Recipient Policy
for users i want to Limit the access Outside with a different Primary SMTP
address
and then Limit the Address in the Delivery Options for the Organization

that seems like the right way to do it , so my question is

Did anyone Try it ? Knows that it works ?
Knows of any other / Better way to do it ?

Please note that i am talking about an Exchange Solution to the problem
rather then a Firewall One

Thanks

--
Shlomi Fanan
Systems Engineer

Visit Our Website - www.we-can.co.il

2. Exchange and cc.Mail Co-existence

3. email that won't go sent

4. Preventing external email for certain users?

5. How to add addresses to multiple users?

6. Preventing certain users from sending Internet mail

7. Problems with Exchange to Exchange smtp communication.

8. Preventing certain users from sending SMTP externally.

9. Block certain users sending external mail

10. Preventing some users from sending external mail.

11. prevent user from sending external mail

12. how do i prevent users from sending external mail