Upgrade 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

Post by Darryl Burnett » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I know to upgrade from 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise
Microsoft says just run the installation for the 5.5 Enterprise
from your Server cd.

My orginal server cd is 5.5 with no SPs.

Would the steps be

1) Backup server (Always)
2) Install 5.5 enterprise from cd
3) Install 5.5 SP3
4) Install any Post SP3 Hotfixes

or is there an Exchange 5.5 SP3 Full install CD ?

Can anyone please confirm these steps and/or
anything else I might be missing.

Thanks in Advance,

Darryl Burnette

Upgrade 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

That's about got it.  THere's no integrated 5.5 and SP3 build.

Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> I know to upgrade from 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise
> Microsoft says just run the installation for the 5.5 Enterprise
> from your Server cd.

> My orginal server cd is 5.5 with no SPs.

> Would the steps be

> 1) Backup server (Always)
> 2) Install 5.5 enterprise from cd
> 3) Install 5.5 SP3
> 4) Install any Post SP3 Hotfixes

> or is there an Exchange 5.5 SP3 Full install CD ?

> Can anyone please confirm these steps and/or
> anything else I might be missing.

> Thanks in Advance,

> Darryl Burnette

Upgrade 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

Post by Mike » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Also make sure your priv and pub are in a consistent state or the upgrade
will fail.

Upgrade 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Not from 5.5 to 5.5 - it doesn't touch the databases.  The service pack may
cause some index rebuilds, but that is usually more a function of an NT SP
and shouldn't be as sensitive to the database state anyhow.

If you're doing a 5.0 to 5.5, then it will definitely make a difference.

Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> Also make sure your priv and pub are in a consistent state or the upgrade
> will fail.

Upgrade 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

Post by Andrew Dadmu » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Make sure you run the exchange performance optimizer after applying SP3.

Regards,
Andrew Dadmun
Senior Network Engineer - e-Builder, Inc. - http://www.e-builder.net/
MS Exchange Server FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Post in a newsgroup, read the response in a newsgroup.
*~*~*    Questions not answered via email    *~*~*