Starting/Stopping MS-Exchange Server with NET START, NET STOP

Starting/Stopping MS-Exchange Server with NET START, NET STOP

Post by Paul Stur » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me what service name to use with NET START and NET STOP to
start/stop MS-Exchange Server running on NT.  I want to schedule it to
start and stop before and after backups using the Schedule service and the
AT command.

Thanks,
Paul

Starting/Stopping MS-Exchange Server with NET START, NET STOP

Post by Tammy L. Payn » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

This is just an example . . ..

net start msexchangesa
net start msexchangeds
net start msexchangeis
net start msexchangemta
net start msexchangeimc
net start msexchangemsmi
net start msexchangedx

Quote:> Can anyone tell me what service name to use with NET START and NET STOP

Post by Tammy L. Payn » Sat, 23 Aug 1997 04:00:00

This is just an example . . ..

net start msexchangesa
net start msexchangeds
net start msexchangeis
net start msexchangemta
net start msexchangeimc
net start msexchangemsmi
net start msexchangedx

Quote:> Can anyone tell me what service name to use with NET START and NET STOP
> start/stop MS-Exchange Server running on NT.  I want to schedule it to
> start and stop before and after backups using the Schedule service and
the
> AT command.

> Thanks,
> Paul

1. Net Stop / Net Start Exchange

I need to configure batch files so I can stop/start  Exchange services in
order to do a nightly back up.  My version of ArcServe will not back up open
files.  I'm running: Microsoft Exchange Directory, Microsoft Exchange
Directory Synchronization, Microsoft Exchange Information Store, Microsoft
Exchange Internet Mail Service, Microsoft Exchange Message Transfer Agent,
Microsoft Exchange System Attendant, MS Mail Connector Interchange and NAV
for Microsoft Exchange.  I can stop some by stopping Microsoft Exchange
Directory but not all.

Are there any special issues with starting these services back up from a
batch file?

Thanks

2. Inbound Mail Failure - from who?

3. Net Stop and Net Start order for Exchange 2000 Services

4. Share Calendar/with reminders

5. Exchange 5.0 net stop/start

6. CDO / ASP questions

7. stopping exchange services using the AT / NET STOP command

8. How to prevent others from using our SMTP Server

9. Starting Exchange with Net Start

10. USE net stop to stop Exch dir service ?

11. Using NET STOP to stop services

12. Net Stop MSexchange services over the network