Changing Service Account

Post by Andy Hunte » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Could anyone take me through the procedure for changing the Service Account
Admin on an existing Exchange server

Thanx in advance

Changing Service Account

Post by Douglas Buchana » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

There is a KB article (Q151777) for moving servers to a new domain. The
steps involved are similar, but not all are necessary since you are not
performing this exact function. The biggest thing is the
nt-security-descriptor associated with the account.

>Could anyone take me through the procedure for changing the Service Account
>Admin on an existing Exchange server

>Thanx in advance

1. change service account

Exchange 2000 services all run as LocalSystem and all have an override page,
which is located in Exchange System Manager, in the Administrative group
properties.This override page provides the logon credentials to deal with
Exchange Server 5.5 computers in the site.
How do I change this overide account's username

2. Specifying default SMTP address templates

3. Can't change service account

4. Inbound message replicated multiple times

5. Change Service Account on second server

6. Exchange 5.5 Not Sending ETRN

7. Changing Service Account

8. planning How many EX server

9. Changing Service Account Password - Paranoia?

10. Changing Service Account

11. Change service account in multi site environment

12. Change Service account in exchange

13. Exchange 2000 to Exchange 5.5 MTA broken from changing Service Account