Back ups

Post by David Whitle » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:29:56

Can anyone tell me what files on a exchange 2000 server
should I back up using veritas software? I only want to
back up what I would need to restore the e-mail and
folders. I can always reload the server and get is back
up and running, just need to be able to get all mail back
up. Thanks for your help.....

Back ups

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:12:03

Hi David,

If your backup is Exchange aware, it should backup your Exchange database
(.edb and .stm files) and log files

Here is a link to Veritas' website that has good info and screenshots on
this

Hope this information is helpful.

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> Can anyone tell me what files on a exchange 2000 server
> should I back up using veritas software? I only want to
> back up what I would need to restore the e-mail and
> folders. I can always reload the server and get is back
> up and running, just need to be able to get all mail back
> up. Thanks for your help.....

Back ups