Event ID: 201 / Source: License Service

Post by M P » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:37:59

I encounter this error when I manually stop and start MS Exchange 5.5
services. The description is like this:

"No License was available for user <Domain>\<username> using  MS Exchange IS
5.0"

what does it mean? the solution that I do is only restarting the server. Can
I avoid this in the future?

Mark

Event ID: 201 / Source: License Service

Post by Tim Coveney [MSFT » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 19:31:00

You may be able to get round this by stopping and starting the license
logging service...

Couple of questions - Is this Small Business Server? What Service Pack and /
or clients do you have? SP3 introduced a fix for the no. of licenses /
connections to Exchange (see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=192712) Have
you enough licenses? A bit concerning that it reports the error as 5.0
rather than 5.5 though...

Hope this helps..

--
Tim Coveney
Senior Consultant

Quote:> I encounter this error when I manually stop and start MS Exchange 5.5
> services. The description is like this:

> "No License was available for user <Domain>\<username> using  MS Exchange
IS
> 5.0"

> what does it mean? the solution that I do is only restarting the server.
Can
> I avoid this in the future?

> Mark

Event ID: 201 / Source: License Service

Stop and Disable License Logging Service.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

Event ID: 201 / Source: License Service

Post by M P » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:05:42

Hi Tim,

Im using BackOffice 4.5 Windows NT 4.0 SP6, and Exchange 5.5 SP4. I do have
enough license (CAL) for my network. Hope you could help.

Mark

> You may be able to get round this by stopping and starting the license
> logging service...

> Couple of questions - Is this Small Business Server? What Service Pack and
/
> or clients do you have? SP3 introduced a fix for the no. of licenses /
> connections to Exchange (see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=192712) Have
> you enough licenses? A bit concerning that it reports the error as 5.0
> rather than 5.5 though...

> Hope this helps..

> --
> Tim Coveney
> Senior Consultant
> Microsoft Services Organisation

rights.

> > I encounter this error when I manually stop and start MS Exchange 5.5
> > services. The description is like this:

> > "No License was available for user <Domain>\<username> using  MS
Exchange
> IS
> > 5.0"

> > what does it mean? the solution that I do is only restarting the server.
> Can
> > I avoid this in the future?

> > Mark

Event ID: 201 / Source: License Service

Post by M P » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:08:47

Stop the License Logging Service? Does this service doesn't affect other
licenses like MS Windows CAL?

Mark

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:41:41

>Stop the License Logging Service? Does this service doesn't affect other
>licenses like MS Windows CAL?

Nope.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Event ID: 201 / Source: License Service

Post by M P » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:59:06

What does this service do to Winnt? And you said, I need to disabled this
service without affecting other services in windows nt. Im just curious.

> >Stop the License Logging Service? Does this service doesn't affect other
> >licenses like MS Windows CAL?

> Nope.

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Event ID: 201 / Source: License Service

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:54:58

It attempts to track and enforce license compliance. You tell it how many
licenses you bought and it tries to account usage.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

1. Out of licenses, event 201 errors w/ XP and exchange 5.0

After adding a dell laptop running XP home, then Pro after upgrade, and
using MS Office 2000's Outlook, the Exchange 5.0 running on the NT 4.0 will
get event 201's out of licenses and must reboot to clear. It's a 10 user and
maybe 4 people connect. The XP seems to not release licenses when exiting
Outlook. It was worse before upgrading XP home to PRO. The Home required
Authenticating Outlook each time it was launched and the event 201's
happened after 2 or 3 days. Now the 201's take maybe 2 weeks. I searched all
over technet, and mskb etc
 and found related problems due to RPC and LLSSRV.exe,
but there doesn't seem to be a newer LLSSRV or other patch available for nt
4 or msx 5.0
Can license service be disabled? how?
Should I try upgrading nt4 to 2000?
 I had no trouble connecting the same pc's to my own msx 5.5/nt40 - (SBS4.5)
inhouse system.
Also, am connecting as a workgroup, not as domain.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tim.

2. Missing Meeting replies

3. Event ID: 201 - loop has been detected

4. InoculanIT Exchange Option Question

5. Event ID 201

6. E2K SP2 "Rebuild Interval" missing.

7. Event ID: 201 (msexchangeIS .0.0 error)

8. Mail for unknows mailboxes / Forwarding mail to another server

9. MTA EVENT ID 201 (loop)

10. event id 201