Sucking vitrual memory.

Post by Joey » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:08:51

I have a Exchange 5.5 with SP3 on NT4.0 server.
However, the information store and the email filter
program always sucks up all virtual memory of the server.
Is that anyway that we can prevent this happened, since I
need to reboot my server once in a while for this issue.
Thank you. I am not that's not a memory leak on the
server, since I run some memory leak checking program as
well. Thank you ...Any advice would be help. Thank you.

Sucking vitrual memory.

Post by Susan Hubbard [MSFT » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 05:00:26

I would definitely get on the latest service pack for Exchange 5.5.  If you
still experience the problem, you should call in and ask for the post sp4
hotfix.  (Hotfix requests are free.) There were some performance issues
addressed in the hotfix.  The ones that you may want are:  Q282533 and
Q309149.  The number for Microsoft PSS is 800-936-4900.

Good Luck!

--
Susan Hubbard
Microsoft PSS

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> I have a Exchange 5.5 with SP3 on NT4.0 server.
> However, the information store and the email filter
> program always sucks up all virtual memory of the server.
> Is that anyway that we can prevent this happened, since I
> need to reboot my server once in a while for this issue.
> Thank you. I am not that's not a memory leak on the
> server, since I run some memory leak checking program as
> well. Thank you ...Any advice would be help. Thank you.

1. Information store sucking up all memory on server

I have been having this same problem for about 3 months. I have on Exchange
2K SP3 and have applied the only hotfix I could find for the information
store. After the hotfix I am showing a version of 6.0.6389.0 on store.exe.
If I stop and start the information store, all the memory is released (for a
while).  I have a W2K server with SP3, Exchange 2K with SP3 and the latest
hotfix for the information store installed.  The server is supporting about
400 users and has a gig of ram installed.  Each time I start having problems
(i.e. server slowness, problems with remote users authenticating via OWA), I
will see that Store.exe is consuming around 800 MB of memory.

Any suggestions ?  Will call MS Support if I have to but dont think I should
have to pay for the call.

In Exchange 5.5, there was a way that I could limit the amount of memory
that the store.exe could use as a way of controlling this. Havent been able
to find a similar setting for Exchange 2K. Does anyone know if this setting
is still an option in Exchange 2K ?

Ron

2. meeting requests 5 hours out of sync

3. Exchnage 5.5 Store.exe sucking memory

4. Address book added to exchange server

5. SMTP Vitrual Server---Relay question ( SPAM )

6. Exchange Admin error

7. HELP!:Mail stuck in vitrual smtp server

8. OWA Users - Changing Passwords??

9. Store.exe consumes memory and virtual memory problem.

10. Memory consumption - Memory Leak?

11. Memory Hogging and Out of Virtual Memory

12. SPAM SUCKS

13. Sucking down Microsoft news groups