Slow Mail Delivery/New Mail Notification

Slow Mail Delivery/New Mail Notification

Post by Kirrin Jone » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:03:23

Hi there,

Can someone give me an idea as to what I can do to troubleshoot Slow Mail
Delivery as well as not getting a New Mail Notification.

Using Exchange 5.5 server and Outlook 2000/XP.

I have gone through a couple TechNet articles, and have even gotten  a
hotfix from MSPS that should have solved the problem but it is still there.

I would rather have suggestions sent to me so I will not bias your thinking
by telling where I've gone before, just give me a suggestion and I will
check it against what I have already done.

Thanks

Slow Mail Delivery/New Mail Notification

Post by Milly Staples - [MVP - Outlook » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:25:26

No, it works the other way around.  YOU tell us what you have done and WE
suggest other ideas to you. <g>

Why should we post fix after fix, only to have you tell us, "been there, it
doesn't work."  All of the MVPs here are volunteers who, according to our
family and friends, spend too much time here providing assistance.  Why ask
us to spend more time covering ground you have already covered?

Sorry - but it is a holiday here in the USA and our time is limited.

--
Milly Staples [MVP Outlook]

When posting an Outlook problem, please give the version year and mode. (See
Help->About, second line in Outlook 98 or 2000 for the mode, Internet Mail
Only or Corporate or Workgroup.)  Post all questions/replies to the
newsgroups, unsolicited mail is deleted without reading.

| Hi there,
|
| Can someone give me an idea as to what I can do to troubleshoot Slow Mail
| Delivery as well as not getting a New Mail Notification.
|
| Using Exchange 5.5 server and Outlook 2000/XP.
|
| I have gone through a couple TechNet articles, and have even gotten  a
| hotfix from MSPS that should have solved the problem but it is still
there.

| I would rather have suggestions sent to me so I will not bias your
thinking
| by telling where I've gone before, just give me a suggestion and I will
| check it against what I have already done.
|
| Thanks

1. Slow Mail Delivery/New Mail Notification

Hi there,

Can someone give me an idea as to what I can do to troubleshoot Slow Mail
Delivery as well as not getting a New Mail Notification.

Using Exchange 5.5 server and Outlook 2000/XP.

I have gone through a couple TechNet articles, and have even gotten  a
hotfix from MSPS that should have solved the problem but it is still there.

I would rather have suggestions sent to me so I will not bias your thinking
by telling where I've gone before, just give me a suggestion and I will
check it against what I have already done.

Thanks

2. Restrict Inbound & Outbound Emails

3. New Mail Notification but no new mail!

4. need help

5. New Mail Notification with No New Mail

6. OWA logon

7. New Mail Notification but no new mail!

8. MAD.exe-DC servers not responding

9. Slow Mail Notification

10. Which mail header to use for delivery notification

11. Non Delivery Notification forward into mail-enabled public folder