port 119

Post by dhi » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:02:00

how do I turn on (or open) port 119 of a windows 2000 SBS server?

my pop3 server is external (outside my firewall).

Thank you...

port 119

Post by dhi » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:07:15

oops - port 119 is for nntp
port 110 is for pop3

> how do I turn on (or open) port 119 of a windows 2000 SBS server?

> my pop3 server is external (outside my firewall).

> Thank you...

port 119

Post by dhi » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:19:17

well...

the problem was in the configuration of ms proxy 2.0 on the proxy server.
it was set up to only allow Administrators access to the SMTP, so users on
the domain
could not access e-mail on the other side of the proxy...

fyi..

-joel

> oops - port 119 is for nntp
> port 110 is for pop3

> > how do I turn on (or open) port 119 of a windows 2000 SBS server?

> > my pop3 server is external (outside my firewall).

> > Thank you...

1. Newsfeed on port other than 119 ?

Is it possible with Exch 5.5 SP2 to configure the NNTP protocol to function
upstream on a port other than 119 ?  Our firewall is configured for a number
of newsfeeds, each feed is bound to a discrete port number.  This has not
been an issue for simple clients such as NetScape or Express which have
an entry for the port number.  I have been digging into Exchange and
browsing
this group, but I can find no reference setting a port number anywhere yet.

Any hints appreciated, even a definitive, "it cannot be done yet".

TIA.

Alan Franklin.

2. New Server How to set up drives

3. changing from random upd ports to specific tcp ports for new mail notification

4. Wrong week-number in Calendar

5. Listen on port 26 for any incoming SMTP connections and sending mail SMTP on port 25

6. Exch 5.5 Sp4 fails to install on W2k (Sp1)

7. Mail relay from port 17 to port 25

8. Upgrade ex 5.5 to ex 2000

9. RPC port for IS (port 1226) and encryption system

10. Disable Port 23 and Port 280

11. Port 25 and Port 280

12. RPC ports needed for OWA (port 1028?)

13. Link State Recovery and TCP port 691 and TCP port 25