Port setting for Exchange 5.5 Server

Post by Mac » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:16:06

Hi all,

Quick question. Where can find and configure my default port setting in
Exchange Server 5.5?
I need to change my defualt setting port 25.

Thank.

Post by MV » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:17:51

>Hi all,

>Quick question. Where can find and configure my default port setting in
>Exchange Server 5.5?
>I need to change my defualt setting port 25.

>Thank.

That's not an Exchange setting that's a Windows setting and is found
in%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\services
If you change the setting here and reboot the box it will no longer
listen on port 25 for incoming smtp. Perfect if you're running Mail
Essentials which listens on 25 and forwards cleaned mail to 26, but
not so good otherwise.
Mark Arnold MCSE MVP

Before U post...
http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Port setting for Exchange 5.5 Server

Post by Mac » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:12:49

Thank you. Found it.
But, what program do I use to be able to open the file, and save the new
setting.

I used excel spread sheet, and I cant save it to the same format.

Thank you agian.

> >Hi all,

> >Quick question. Where can find and configure my default port setting in
> >Exchange Server 5.5?
> >I need to change my defualt setting port 25.

> >Thank.

> That's not an Exchange setting that's a Windows setting and is found
> in%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\services
> If you change the setting here and reboot the box it will no longer
> listen on port 25 for incoming smtp. Perfect if you're running Mail
> Essentials which listens on 25 and forwards cleaned mail to 26, but
> not so good otherwise.
> Mark Arnold MCSE MVP

> Before U post...
> http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
> http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Port setting for Exchange 5.5 Server

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 17:42:31

You use NOTEPAD.EXE.
Be sure to save file without any extension (or remove it after saving).

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

Port setting for Exchange 5.5 Server

Thank you everyone for your reply.