GAL; changing display name from First, Last to Last, First

GAL; changing display name from First, Last to Last, First

Post by pm.. » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 06:06:33

Im running Exchange 5.5, with Outlook 98 clients. I've been looking for
a way either on the server or the client to change the GAL to display
last name first.  I am unable to find an option to change this
anywhere.  Does anyone know how to change this?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Chris Scharf » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 06:30:15

>Im running Exchange 5.5, with Outlook 98 clients. I've been looking for
>a way either on the server or the client to change the GAL to display
>last name first.  I am unable to find an option to change this
>anywhere.  Does anyone know how to change this?

The way they are displayed is based on the display name given to them
in the Exchange admin. You can change the way new accounts are created
under Tools | Options in the Exchange admin. You can change existing
accounts in bulk using directory import and export.

Post by pm.. » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 08:32:08

> >Im running Exchange 5.5, with Outlook 98 clients. I've been looking
for
> >a way either on the server or the client to change the GAL to display
> >last name first.  I am unable to find an option to change this
> >anywhere.  Does anyone know how to change this?

> The way they are displayed is based on the display name given to them
> in the Exchange admin. You can change the way new accounts are created
> under Tools | Options in the Exchange admin. You can change existing
> accounts in bulk using directory import and export.

That kind of sucks.  That would mean that I have to manually change
each field value in the exported CSV.  I can't think of an easy way to
change it around that way.  Is there any way to change the fields that
the GAL uses?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

GAL; changing display name from First, Last to Last, First

Post by Ed Hopkin » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 14:06:25

In truth, it all depends on what you use to edit the CSV file. The usual
method is to open the CSV file in Excel. This way you can move your columns
around so that they are in the order you want them to be. One caution
though, be sure you have everything in the proper order before you attempt
to import the CSV file.