Cannot change default address in Exchange2003!!!

Cannot change default address in Exchange2003!!!

Post by Jame » Thu, 30 Oct 2003 01:52:11

HELP!!!

We have just finished a 3 week migration from 5.5 to 2003 and all has
gone "fairly" well, however, we have a major problem.....if we create
a new e-mail address against a users mailbox and then set that to be
their default (we do this for a lot of people because they want their
reply to address to be different from the "generated" email address)
within about 5 mins the default address gets reset back to the addess
generated when creating the mailbox, this is a BIG problem for us and
I have ran out of ideas....anybody help????

Jamez.

Cannot change default address in Exchange2003!!!

Post by Baris Eris [MS » Thu, 30 Oct 2003 03:02:43

You need to spend 1 to 2hr on "recipient policy" topic. Refer to
www.microsoft.com/exchange whitepapers and/or http://support.microsoft.com
for relevant articles.

Other keywords are "recipient update service, rus"; "smtp addressing".

What you're asking is very easy, however you MUST understand the way
Exchange 2003 applies SMTP addresses to recipients before making any
changes.

Baris.

Quote:> HELP!!!

> We have just finished a 3 week migration from 5.5 to 2003 and all has
> gone "fairly" well, however, we have a major problem.....if we create
> a new e-mail address against a users mailbox and then set that to be
> their default (we do this for a lot of people because they want their
> reply to address to be different from the "generated" email address)
> within about 5 mins the default address gets reset back to the addess
> generated when creating the mailbox, this is a BIG problem for us and
> I have ran out of ideas....anybody help????

> Jamez.

1. Cannot change default public store

Dear all,

Recently I encountered a serious problem: some days ago I had to reinstall
my Exchange 2k server so I moved all mailboxs from old server and created
the public folder replica on the new server. Afterward I deleted the old
server and found that all the default public store for all mailbox stores on
total 3 Exchange servers are still pointing to the deleted server. And in
ESM the default public store entry is grey and cannot be changed. When I try
the http://<AnyExchangeServer>/public on every exchange server in my
organization I can still see the content of the replicated public folder.
What can I do now to reset the default public store property now???

Million Thanks in  advance!

Tat  from HK

2. eseutil defrag: need help

3. OWA and forwarding mail

4. Cannot assign default email address after migration

5. exchange optimization

6. Stop Fax Wizard from changing default address service?

7. Searching Exchange 5.5 messages

8. Changing default SMTP address on new user creation

9. Address List Synchronization Error - exchange2003

10. Change the default Internet Mail address

11. Changing Default Email Address?

12. change default smtp address generator