I need a FIX for My MTA(5.5). Please Help.

Post by Arif Kha » Thu, 28 Aug 2003 03:22:46

I am running Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000Server all latest
SP. The MTA stop autometically giving the bellow error
message.

When the MTA is processing a message, the following error
messages may be logged in the Application event log:

---------------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeMTA
Event Category: Internal Processing
Event ID: 2051
Date: 11/9/2001
Time: 8:51:03 AM
User: N/A
Computer: server_name
A fatal internal MTA error occurred. Contact Microsoft
Technical Support. An illegal GET from element 7020B601
occurred at offset 1. [BASE DISP:ROUTER 10 70]

I need The FIX Mentioned at Microsoft Support page,
us;319846

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Arif Khan

I need a FIX for My MTA(5.5). Please Help.

Post by Andy David [MVP » Thu, 28 Aug 2003 03:35:45

If so, then you will need to call PSS directly.

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:22:46 -0700, "Arif Khan"

>I am running Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000Server all latest
>SP. The MTA stop autometically giving the bellow error
>message.

>When the MTA is processing a message, the following error
>messages may be logged in the Application event log:

>---------------------------------
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: MSExchangeMTA
>Event Category: Internal Processing
>Event ID: 2051
>Date: 11/9/2001
>Time: 8:51:03 AM
>User: N/A
>Computer: server_name
>A fatal internal MTA error occurred. Contact Microsoft
>Technical Support. An illegal GET from element 7020B601
>occurred at offset 1. [BASE DISP:ROUTER 10 70]

>I need The FIX Mentioned at Microsoft Support page,
>us;319846

>Thanks in advance for your kind help.

>Arif Khan

I need a FIX for My MTA(5.5). Please Help.

Post by Randy Campbell [MSFT » Thu, 28 Aug 2003 03:38:36

Hi Arif,

You will need to call in and open a support incident (free of charge) to get
a hotfix.

--
Randy Campbell
Microsoft PSS

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> I am running Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000Server all latest