Exchange Full Admin

Post by Rolf Rettinge » Tue, 27 May 2003 22:09:13

Hi,

is it necessary for the Exchange 2000 Full Admin to be a member of the
Domain Admin Group?

Thanks

Rolf

Exchange Full Admin

Post by Tom Helm » Wed, 28 May 2003 00:57:26

No

Quote:> Hi,

> is it necessary for the Exchange 2000 Full Admin to be a member of the
> Domain Admin Group?

> Thanks

> Rolf

Exchange Full Admin

Post by Benoit Boudevill » Wed, 28 May 2003 02:37:09

no

> Hi,

> is it necessary for the Exchange 2000 Full Admin to be a member of the
> Domain Admin Group?

> Thanks

> Rolf

Exchange Full Admin

Post by Shai Netane » Wed, 28 May 2003 13:24:08

Hi
No!!!!! you did not need - you need local administrator on
the Exchange server machine

But if you need to tasks like move, delete mailbox and etc
You need administrative permission on the domain
(Account operators or domain admin)

Regards
Shai Netanel

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>is it necessary for the Exchange 2000 Full Admin to be a
member of the
>Domain Admin Group?

>Thanks

>Rolf

>.

1. Exch2000 doesn't recognize me as "Exchange Full Admin"

The background:
We have an NT4 machine acting as PDC and running Exchange
2000.  It performs nightly backups, which sometimes hang
and have to be terminated when we arrive in the morning.
There are occasional slowdowns of operations on the
Outlook clients that we think are related to this server.

We want to build out a second Exchange server (on 2000S)
on the same site, use it as the front-end server for
everyone's mail, and just let the old server continue
doing backups and hang around as a redundant server.

The problem:
There are three accounts on the domain that have been
delegated Exchange Full Administrator authority.
Administrator, my own account, plus a third account I
created just to troubleshoot this problem.  What happens
when I set the "Message and Collaboration Components"
action to "Install" is that I get an error msgbox
informing me that install can only be performed by an
Exchange Full Administrator.  This happens whether I'm
using my account or the ExchAdmin account.

I've searched the Knowledge Base, and found articles
Q292757, Q260692, Q293376, and Q264001, but none of these
appear to have any relevance to my situation.  Has anyone
else run across this, and how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance.

2. Sent mail not received

3. Regaining Full Admin Control of 5.5 w/SP4

4. Database Size

5. Admin's Mailbox Full

6. Using a Public Folder as a User's Inbox

7. need full admin right

8. Need HelpDesk Exchange Application

9. Admin Full Mailbow access

10. admin account shows full rights but still can't access mailboxes

11. Exchange 5.5 (Svc Acct Admin, Admin, Permissions Admin)