Site and Org name changes

Post by James Greg » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to change the org and site names on an Exchange Server 5.5
without reinstalling Exchange 5.5?

When I installed it, I used a logical naming convention that matches my
domain, but the site name is now different than what we currently use for
our SMTP addresses - site.company.com.   - bottom line is.........I messed
up.  The good thing is, it's not a production box and can easily be rebuilt.

I saw that I could enter in a new SMTP address for each mailbox or set this
up in the template as the primary reply address.  Is this a simpler fix than
changing the site and org names?

Yes, I know........planning should have been thought out more here.
--
James R. Gregg

Site and Org name changes

Post by <ro.. » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi

There is no relation between the site and org name to the SMTP address  !!!

If you want to get mail to a specific internet domain configure it in the
routing tab on the IMC.
Than in site addressing tab on the site site addressing container update the
new address to all users.

If you still want to change the org name or site name you can use the move
server utility from SP2,or SP3.

--
Ronen Gabbay
Hi-Tech College

Quote:> Is it possible to change the org and site names on an Exchange Server 5.5
> without reinstalling Exchange 5.5?

> When I installed it, I used a logical naming convention that matches my
> domain, but the site name is now different than what we currently use for
> our SMTP addresses - site.company.com.   - bottom line is.........I messed
> up.  The good thing is, it's not a production box and can easily be
rebuilt.

> I saw that I could enter in a new SMTP address for each mailbox or set
this
> up in the template as the primary reply address.  Is this a simpler fix
than
> changing the site and org names?

> Yes, I know........planning should have been thought out more here.
> --
> James R. Gregg

1. Site and Org name change

I need to change both the Site name and the Org name on an NT 4.0 box
running Exch 5.5 sp3.

I will not be installing this to a new server but will remain on the
same server.  I just simply need to change the Site and ORg names.

I found a faq which discussed Org name change but what about Site name
change?

What do I need to do?

THX

2. Outlook Forwarding Rules

3. Site connectors when Organisation name is different/changing org name

4. Replies are not saved in Sent Items using Outlook 2k SP1

5. Impact of site/org name change?

6. OWA , Convert Forms to an ASP page.

7. How to change the Org and Site name on a exchange server 5.5

8. CPU 100% exhausted by SMTP service on Exchange 2000

9. How to change org/site name in Exchange 5.5 SP3

10. site/org name change

11. Org, Site and Server name change

12. Org and site name change

13. Changing Org/site/server/domain names