Blackberry wireless & Exchange flow of msgs

Blackberry wireless & Exchange flow of msgs

Post by Phil Schuma » Tue, 21 Aug 2001 01:58:33

we recently acquired several Blackberry 957's
and installed the Enterprise software on Exchange 5.5 -

     I've been reading thru the various docs, white papers, etc
     and still am a little fuzzy on the traffic flow.

     RECEIVING a msg into Exchange - I think this is how it works :)
     email appears on the Exchange Server
     Blackberry Server is watching various BB accounts,
          and notices a new arrival for a "watched" account ?
     Grabs the email - retrieves the PIN - sends via SRP & port 3101
     Msg goes to some "wireless access point" -
     Sends to Blackberry device via PIN address from the wireless
provider.

     ok - now the user replies from the Blackberry handheld -
     So how does this work ?
     Blackberry handheld sends a msg to the wireless access point -
          Since the PIN must be the unique identifier
          does the PIN get stored by the wireless service,
          and "routed" back to our Exchange server ?  ala TCP/IP
routing -
     if so.... again... how & where does the msg get into Exchange ?
          does it come into a single BB "account" -
                which account ? -
          then the BB Server retrieves it, looks for the encoded PIN,
          matches it to an Exchange BB account -
          and finally drops the msg into the OUTBOX of the specific
account ?
          which then causes the msg to be "sent" from that mailbox

     this is the only part I did not see drawn out,
     I could guess - but... it would just be a guess :)

     thanks - Phil -

1. Blackberry wireless & Exchange flow of msgs

[...]

2. E2K - How do you restrict some users to internal mail only?

3. Problem connecting to Exchange 2000 remotely

4. forwarding attachments automatically

5. Blackberry Wireless Calenda

6. Reply to groups

7. Blackberry Redirector & Exchange

8. Blackberry & Exchange

9. Newsfeeds & cable and wireless

10. Wireless IntelliMouse explorer & Thinkpad 600x (2645-4EU)

11. Wireless mouse & Receiver combinations