After upgrading exchange 5.0 to 55, smtp mail not working for some smtp addresses

After upgrading exchange 5.0 to 55, smtp mail not working for some smtp addresses

Post by Wrick Xia » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
I got a problem with the smtp mail, if anyone familier with C2SMTP mail?
Recently, I upgrade my exchange server from 5.0 to 5.5, now I found out that
the smtp address is not working properly, the problem I getting is:  when a
outside user sends me a smtp mail, usually it display the "display name then

for other internal users, it use to work with the display name, but now when

display name.
If  any one can give me a repost please.  Thank you in advance.

Wrick

After upgrading exchange 5.0 to 55, smtp mail not working for some smtp addresses

Post by Wrick Xia » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi, the other mail is not C2SMTP mail, It's a AIX mail.  sorry

Wrick

> Hi all,
> I got a problem with the smtp mail, if anyone familier with C2SMTP mail?
> Recently, I upgrade my exchange server from 5.0 to 5.5, now I found out
that
> the smtp address is not working properly, the problem I getting is:  when
> outside user sends me a smtp mail, usually it display the "display name
then

Mail
> for other internal users, it use to work with the display name, but now
when

> display name.
> If  any one can give me a repost please.  Thank you in advance.

> Wrick

1. SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server with different SMTP port does not work

I have a Backend FrontEnd Exchange environment and the FrontEnd Server is
going to be used as a bridgehead server for SMTP.

To use the FrontEnd as a SMTP bridgehead server I configured a SMTP
Connector that uses the FrontEnd SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server.
Since I'm also running Trend Micro Virus Wall on the SMTP Frontend Server I
changed the SMTP port used by SMTP Virtual Server to 6000 ( I only have one
Network adapter ). So, the final configuration that I have is:

- Exchange 2000 SMTP Virtual Server working on port 6000
- TrendMicro Virus Wall working on port 25

With this configuration when I send an email to the internet the SMTP
Connector always sends ther mail to the port 25 instead of using the
Frontend SMTP Virtual Server port 6000. Is this the normal behavor or a bug?

Is this is the normal behavor why should we configure the SMTP Connector to
use a specific SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Alexandre Costa

2. Firewall Issues - RPC Port 135

3. Q: Deleted users and the effect on their posts in Public Folders

4. OL98 EXC 5.0 - Inbox Reply Rule for Incoming SMTP Mail Not Working

5. IMS Problem

6. SMTP Disclaimer Not working after upgrade to SP2

7. Users don't access correct Mailbox

8. SMTP authentication need an account 55 SP3

9. Upgrade exch4 SP5 to exch 55 IS failto start after upgrade

10. Exchange not passing SMTP address - reply to sender does not work

11. reply smtp mail not working

12. SMTP outgoing mail not working - PLEASE help