Cannot forward mail from offsite

Post by Jon How » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Here is my problem.

I am trying to forward the mailbox on the exchange server to an offsite
sales rep at their ISP mail.  I have set up the custom receipent with the
external address and the exchange mailbox delivery options to forward to the
offsite mailbox.  When I send a message from another exchange server mailbox
to the sales rep it gets forwarded to him offsite.  But if I try to send him
a message from my yahoo account i get it kicked back.  System Admin message
saying there was a restriction that prevented delivery.  I cannot find the
restriction anywhere in exchange server.

If you know what I should do please let me know.

Thanks
-Jon

Cannot forward mail from offsite

Post by Ron Spadafora - MC » Thu, 03 Dec 1998 04:00:00

You must enable automatic replies to the internet from the Advanced
options button of the Internet Email tab of the IMS property pages.

Quote:>Here is my problem.

>I am trying to forward the mailbox on the exchange server to an offsite
>sales rep at their ISP mail.  I have set up the custom receipent with the
>external address and the exchange mailbox delivery options to forward to the
>offsite mailbox.  When I send a message from another exchange server mailbox
>to the sales rep it gets forwarded to him offsite.  But if I try to send him
>a message from my yahoo account i get it kicked back.  System Admin message
>saying there was a restriction that prevented delivery.  I cannot find the
>restriction anywhere in exchange server.

>If you know what I should do please let me know.

>Thanks
>-Jon

Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr. - MCSE

1. Forwarding mail for an offsite person?

Yes, the Problem is only that you have to create 2 mailboxes for
each user you want to redirect! First of all you make a normal mailbox with
one or more Email addresses. After that you must create an custom recipient
with the email address you want to send to. After that, set the in the
Delivery Options/Alternate recipient the custom recipient and voila, the
mail gets redirected!
--
Sigi Jagott
MCSE/CNA

2. Outlook clients cannot connect to Exchange 2000 Server.

3. certain user cannot access owa offsite

4. Exchange 5.5 over domains

5. Forwarding to Offsite POP Server

6. How to Create a simple form

7. Forwarding to offsite SMTP

8. Shared Public Contacts Folder and Administrator Permissions

9. Can't forward offsite

10. Repost: Cannot Forward Mail to External Mail Address

11. Cannot Forward Mail to External Mail Address

12. Rules in Error to OffSite mail addresses