How does one set up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying?

How does one set up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying?

Post by Jeff Bowm » Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello, all...

I've seen discussion about the ability to configure Exchange 5.5 to prevent
spammers from bouncing off of my server.

How is this done -- is it difficult?

TIA,
Jeff

How does one set up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying?

Post by Spencer Williamso » Sat, 13 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Jeff,

Here's the four values you need to add to
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
MSExchangeIMC\Parameters

  Name:            RelayAllowList
  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

  Name:            RelayDenyList
  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

  Name:            RelayFlags
  Type:            REG_DWORD
  Data:            0x2

  Name:            RelayLocalIPList
  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

This information is documented in the Exchange 5.5 readme file.

Also, check out the following link.  http://www.nvt.net/antispam.html

-Spencer.

>Hello, all...

>I've seen discussion about the ability to configure Exchange 5.5 to prevent
>spammers from bouncing off of my server.

>How is this done -- is it difficult?

>TIA,
>Jeff

How does one set up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying?

Post by Andy Web » Sun, 14 Feb 1999 04:00:00

If you install 5.5 SP2, there is a GUI for all those things.

Andy Webb

Simpler-Webb, Inc.                Austin, TX     "Mauve has more RAM" -
Dilbert

>Jeff,

>Here's the four values you need to add to
>KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
>MSExchangeIMC\Parameters

>  Name:            RelayAllowList
>  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

>  Name:            RelayDenyList
>  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

>  Name:            RelayFlags
>  Type:            REG_DWORD
>  Data:            0x2

>  Name:            RelayLocalIPList
>  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

>This information is documented in the Exchange 5.5 readme file.

>Also, check out the following link.  http://www.nvt.net/antispam.html

>-Spencer.

>>Hello, all...

>>I've seen discussion about the ability to configure Exchange 5.5 to
prevent
>>spammers from bouncing off of my server.

>>How is this done -- is it difficult?

>>TIA,
>>Jeff

How does one set up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying?

Post by Jeff Bowm » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

OK, thanks!

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 00:49:46 -0600, "Andy Webb"

>If you install 5.5 SP2, there is a GUI for all those things.

>--
>Andy Webb

>Simpler-Webb, Inc.                Austin, TX     "Mauve has more RAM" -
>Dilbert

>>Jeff,

>>Here's the four values you need to add to
>>KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
>>MSExchangeIMC\Parameters

>>  Name:            RelayAllowList
>>  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

>>  Name:            RelayDenyList
>>  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

>>  Name:            RelayFlags
>>  Type:            REG_DWORD
>>  Data:            0x2

>>  Name:            RelayLocalIPList
>>  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

>>This information is documented in the Exchange 5.5 readme file.

>>Also, check out the following link.  http://www.nvt.net/antispam.html

>>-Spencer.

>>>Hello, all...

>>>I've seen discussion about the ability to configure Exchange 5.5 to
>prevent
>>>spammers from bouncing off of my server.

>>>How is this done -- is it difficult?

>>>TIA,
>>>Jeff

How does one set up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying?

Post by Jeff Bowm » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Thanks, Spencer!

>Jeff,

>Here's the four values you need to add to
>KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
>MSExchangeIMC\Parameters

>  Name:            RelayAllowList
>  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

>  Name:            RelayDenyList
>  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

>  Name:            RelayFlags
>  Type:            REG_DWORD
>  Data:            0x2

>  Name:            RelayLocalIPList
>  Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ

>This information is documented in the Exchange 5.5 readme file.

>Also, check out the following link.  http://www.nvt.net/antispam.html

>-Spencer.

>>Hello, all...

>>I've seen discussion about the ability to configure Exchange 5.5 to prevent
>>spammers from bouncing off of my server.

>>How is this done -- is it difficult?

>>TIA,
>>Jeff

How does one set up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying?

Post by Jeff Bowma » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Thanks, Spencer!

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:53:04 -0800, "Spencer Williamson"

Post by Robert A. Obe » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Stuff deleted
> >This information is documented in the Exchange 5.5 readme file.

> >Also, check out the following link.  http://www.nvt.net/antispam.html

> >-Spencer.

> >>Hello, all...

> >>I've seen discussion about the ability to configure Exchange 5.5 to
> prevent
> >>spammers from bouncing off of my server.

Does the fix work on Exchange 5.0 ?

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober
INFO

How does one set up Exchange Server to prevent mail relaying?

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Does the fix work on Exchange 5.0 ?

No, it doesn't.

Richard Matheisen                             Wang Global
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA