real size of the priv.edb

Post by Rita » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:06:21

Hi all,
Question, i want to know the real size of my priv.edb
The size is 25Gb but i know the size isnt getting smaller
when you delete mailboxes/mail.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance.
Regards, Rita

real size of the priv.edb

Post by Alen » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:17:47

It won't get smaller every time you delete a mailbox. This is because of
SIS.

Quote:> Hi all,
> Question, i want to know the real size of my priv.edb
> The size is 25Gb but i know the size isnt getting smaller
> when you delete mailboxes/mail.
> Any idea?
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards, Rita

real size of the priv.edb

Post by Hunter Colema » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 22:54:32

http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm

See section 3.56

Hunter

Quote:> Hi all,
> Question, i want to know the real size of my priv.edb
> The size is 25Gb but i know the size isnt getting smaller
> when you delete mailboxes/mail.
> Any idea?
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards, Rita

real size of the priv.edb

Post by Rob Ylko » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 23:43:08

When you delete mailboxes/mail etc it creates "holes" in the database.  You
can look in your event viewer on your exchange box and look for Event 1221
this will tell you how much recoverable space is in your database(public &
Private).   You will need to run an offline defrag to restore this space
(eseutil priv.edb /d)

Good luck
Rob Ylkos

Quote:> Hi all,