Event ID 1023 Failure Audit Errors

Post by Joan » Thu, 22 May 2003 02:46:40

I am running Exchange 5.5 SP3 on a Windows 2000 SP3
Advanced server.  I am constantly receiving this Warning
message in the application logs JUSTICE\XCHGUSER was
validated as /o=<organization name> /ou=<organizational
unit name> /cn=Recipients/CN=NAIReginaHUBAPPSRV but was
unable to log on to /o=<organization
name>/OU=<organizational unit>/CN=Recipients/CN=ADMINSCH

What could be causing this?

1. Event ID 1023 - Failure Audit

I have moved a user from Site A to Site B. I have used
Exmerge to export the user's mailbox, then deleted the
mailbox on Site A, recreated the users mailbox in Site B
with the same details as before and then reimported their
mail.
However when I try to open the user's calendar for File -
Open in Outlook and selecting the user's calendar from
the previously list of opened calendars  I get the below
error message on the Exchange 5.5 server where the
calendar resides alond with a message saying Cannot open
the Information Store:

Event Type:     Failure Audit
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Private
Event Category: Logons
Event ID:       1023
Date:           21/08/2002
Time:           14:56:59
User:           N/A
Computer:       SERVER1
DOMAIN\JMANLEY was validated as /o=Organisation
name/ou=Site Name/cn=Recipients/cn=User1 but was unable
to log on to /o=Organisation Name/ou=Site Name/cn=Address
Book/cn=User2.

If I re-enter the user's name via open other users folder
and select the user from the GAL I can open the calendar
without any problems.

Any ideas how to get around this error other than the
above solution ?

2. 10base-T network -- Exchange for email?

3. Failure Audit and Event ID: 1023 on MSExchangeIS;

4. Remote Admin from WinME

5. Event ID: 1023 Failure Audit

6. Phantom Users

7. Error in Application Event Log. Event ID 1023

8. programmatic modification of members of a distribution list (DL) on the global address list (GAL)

9. Error with Event ID: 1023,Event Source: POP3SVC

10. POP3SVC Event ID 1023 error 0x7d6

11. Event ID 1023 in Event Log

12. Event ID 1023 in event logs

13. Event ID 1023