how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

Post by Matth » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

OL2000, exserv5.5 - When i highlight internet newsgroups under public
folders and select file, new from the pull down menu in outlook, the
new folder option is greyed out. I have admin rights on the ex server.
Our ex server is not subscribing to any newsgroups, we just want to
create some internal newsgroups for company use. Can sub-folders of
internet newsgroups be created?

thanks

matt

how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

Create those internal newsgroups in folder other than Internet Newsgroup.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in group).

Kirill

how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

Post by Matth » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Kirill, thanks for the reply. I am unable to create other newsgroup
folders. From within outlook, if i select file, new, folder. It asks
for a name and then a folder contains box.  Newsgroups is not a listed
option on the Folder Contains pull down. Must i create the folder from
within the administrator program? If so, where?

Thanks

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:15:44 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

>Create those internal newsgroups in folder other than Internet Newsgroup.

>> OL2000, exserv5.5 - When i highlight internet newsgroups under public
>> folders and select file, new from the pull down menu in outlook, the
>> new folder option is greyed out. I have admin rights on the ex server.
>> Our ex server is not subscribing to any newsgroups, we just want to
>> create some internal newsgroups for company use. Can sub-folders of
>> internet newsgroups be created?

>> thanks

>> matt

>--
>If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
>(in group).
>And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>Kirill

how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Kirill, thanks for the reply.

You are welcome.

Quote:> I am unable to create other newsgroup
> folders. From within outlook, if i select file, new, folder. It asks
> for a name and then a folder contains box.  Newsgroups is not a listed
> option on the Folder Contains pull down. Must i create the folder from
> within the administrator program? If so, where?

Let me ask a different question
What functionality you want from that folder?

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

Post by Matth » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Kirill, We want to be able to create folders (just like a group on
newsgroup servers) on certain topics and be able to have discussion
threads within the corresponding folder. So our personel at remote
offices can voice their opinion on the thread topics in folders that
they are allowed to participate in.

matt

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:28:44 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

>> Kirill, thanks for the reply.

>You are welcome.

>> I am unable to create other newsgroup
>> folders. From within outlook, if i select file, new, folder. It asks
>> for a name and then a folder contains box.  Newsgroups is not a listed
>> option on the Folder Contains pull down. Must i create the folder from
>> within the administrator program? If so, where?

>Let me ask a different question
>What functionality you want from that folder?

>> Thanks

>> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:15:44 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

>> >Create those internal newsgroups in folder other than Internet Newsgroup.

>> >--
>> >If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
>> >(in group).
>> >And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>> >Kirill

>--
>If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.
>And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>Kirill

how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Regular Public Folder will do the job.
All you have to do is set threading/grouping options for the view in MAPI mail
client (like OL). See how those options are set for real newgroup and set them
manually for your "newsgroup".

I do not know how to do this once for all users.

> Kirill, We want to be able to create folders (just like a group on
> newsgroup servers) on certain topics and be able to have discussion
> threads within the corresponding folder. So our personel at remote
> offices can voice their opinion on the thread topics in folders that
> they are allowed to participate in.

> matt

> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:28:44 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

> >> Kirill, thanks for the reply.

> >You are welcome.

> >> I am unable to create other newsgroup
> >> folders. From within outlook, if i select file, new, folder. It asks
> >> for a name and then a folder contains box.  Newsgroups is not a listed
> >> option on the Folder Contains pull down. Must i create the folder from
> >> within the administrator program? If so, where?

> >Let me ask a different question
> >What functionality you want from that folder?

> >> Thanks

> >> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:15:44 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

> >--
> >If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.
> >And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> >Kirill

group).

Kirill

how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I never did this, but why not create a public folder and add it to the
newsgroup hierarchy, using the Exchange Administrator?  This should also
enable NNTP on the folder and make it accessible to newsreaders.  Should
also default the "group by thread" style view for all.

--
Michael Abbaticchio
Exchange Administrator

> Regular Public Folder will do the job.
> All you have to do is set threading/grouping options for the view in MAPI
mail
> client (like OL). See how those options are set for real newgroup and set
them
> manually for your "newsgroup".

> I do not know how to do this once for all users.

> > Kirill, We want to be able to create folders (just like a group on
> > newsgroup servers) on certain topics and be able to have discussion
> > threads within the corresponding folder. So our personel at remote
> > offices can voice their opinion on the thread topics in folders that
> > they are allowed to participate in.

> > matt

> > On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:28:44 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

> > >You are welcome.

> > >Let me ask a different question
> > >What functionality you want from that folder?

Newsgroup.

participate.

> > >--
> > >If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so.
> > >And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can
participate.

> > >Kirill

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in
> group).
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

Post by Matth » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

kirill, thanks ill try that. Im going to post a message to see if
anyone knows of a way to distribute a view for a folder to other
outlook clients.

matt

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:09:54 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

>Regular Public Folder will do the job.
>All you have to do is set threading/grouping options for the view in MAPI mail
>client (like OL). See how those options are set for real newgroup and set them
>manually for your "newsgroup".

>I do not know how to do this once for all users.

>> Kirill, We want to be able to create folders (just like a group on
>> newsgroup servers) on certain topics and be able to have discussion
>> threads within the corresponding folder. So our personel at remote
>> offices can voice their opinion on the thread topics in folders that
>> they are allowed to participate in.

>> matt

>> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:28:44 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

>> >You are welcome.

>> >Let me ask a different question
>> >What functionality you want from that folder?

>> >--
>> >If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.
>> >And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>> >Kirill

>--
>If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so (in
>group).
>And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>Kirill

how do i create subfolders under internet newsgroups?

Post by Matth » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Michael, i dont know if its possible but i will give it a try in the
next day or so. I'll let you know.

Thanks

matt

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:34:33 -0400, "Michael Abbaticchio"

>I never did this, but why not create a public folder and add it to the
>newsgroup hierarchy, using the Exchange Administrator?  This should also
>enable NNTP on the folder and make it accessible to newsreaders.  Should
>also default the "group by thread" style view for all.

>--
>Michael Abbaticchio
>Exchange Administrator
>BHG

>> Regular Public Folder will do the job.
>> All you have to do is set threading/grouping options for the view in MAPI
>mail
>> client (like OL). See how those options are set for real newgroup and set
>them
>> manually for your "newsgroup".

>> I do not know how to do this once for all users.

>> > Kirill, We want to be able to create folders (just like a group on
>> > newsgroup servers) on certain topics and be able to have discussion
>> > threads within the corresponding folder. So our personel at remote
>> > offices can voice their opinion on the thread topics in folders that
>> > they are allowed to participate in.

>> > matt

>> > On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:28:44 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"

>listed
>from

>Newsgroup.

>public
>the
>server.
>of

>do so
>participate.

>so.
>participate.

>> --
>> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
>(in
>> group).
>> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>> Kirill

1. cannot post or delete internet newsgroups subfolder

I had created an internet newsgroup under nntp but now I have deleted it.
Bit it is still showing up under prublic folders.

It looks like this:

Public Folders\Internet Newsgroups\TEST\test.1

TEST.test.1 is the internet newsgroup name

Now I can post to TEST but not to test.1

I cannot delete anything. Under NNTP protocols in ESM I dont see any
instance of TEST or test.1. They arte all deleted but why is this still
showing up under public folders?

I see it in the M Drive.

Please help. I basically would like to just delete TEST\test.1 and start
over

Thanks

2. How do we Move Exchange 5.5 from DomainA to DomainB?

3. MS Exchange start program folder dissappeared

4. Creating an internet email address that forwards to an IIS 4.0 newsgroup

5. Why is Exchange trying to open port 42 ?

6. Folders under Internet Newsgroups which aren't newsgroups

7. Exchange Forms

8. create folder/subFolder wunder Inbox using CDO and JavaScrip in ASP file

9. how to create a subfolders

10. prevent users to create subfolders, delete item

11. how to create subfolders

12. create a new contact in a subfolder of Contacts with vbscript