Ah yes, yet another PUBLIC FOLDER question

Ah yes, yet another PUBLIC FOLDER question

Post by TWIS » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have my new server on line and being used.  I have moved all mailboxes
to the new server.  I have followed all steps for removing the first
exchange server(Article Q15295).  I have disconnected the old server and had
NO problem sending and receiving mail.  I go to the public folders and the
folders are there and if you look in a folder I see the contents as they
should be.  Yet when I go to double click on an item in a public folder,  I
cannot access them.  Now I have followed all the steps for rehoming the
public folders(Article Q185010) WITH the exception of running PFADMIN to do
the rehoming since I do not have the Back Office Resource Kit Disk 2.  Now,
my question, is this a necessary step, can I get the program without buying
BORK 2, or should I do the .PST method outlined in Article Q178927.

Any help is appreciated,

Craig Twisk
Network Admin/Exch. Admin
ASI

Ah yes, yet another PUBLIC FOLDER question

Post by Greer, Jo » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

We just did what you are going thru, and it is VERY poorly documented.

PFadmin v1.1.2 has things taken out of it from PFadmin v1.1.1,  that is why
the rehome command dones not work....  You have to use SETREPLICAS to move
the public folders.  The way to get the PFadmin v1.1.2 is to download the
electronic BORK that has lots of stuff removed...

Thanks,
Joe Greer
Network Administrator
CSI Industrial Systems Corp.

-- The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system
        and
                Linus Torvaldis claims to be trying to take over the
world...

As of 12/28/98:
(Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all
non-solicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
downloading archival fee in the amount of $1000 US. E-mailing denotes
acceptance of these terms.)