Creating multiple SMTP addresses in "Site Addressing"

Creating multiple SMTP addresses in "Site Addressing"

Post by Mike » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 04:23:29



I am looking for the easiest way to globally create
multiple smtp addresses in EXCH 5.5 (SP4).

Everything is working fine, I just want to save from
spending the next few days typing in each recepient.
Is there a way to do this in the \Configuration\Site
Addressing?
If not, what would be the best way? Thanks in advance.
-Mike
 
 
 

Creating multiple SMTP addresses in "Site Addressing"

Post by MV » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 04:42:53



>I am looking for the easiest way to globally create
>multiple smtp addresses in EXCH 5.5 (SP4).

>Everything is working fine, I just want to save from
>spending the next few days typing in each recepient.
>Is there a way to do this in the \Configuration\Site
>Addressing?
>If not, what would be the best way? Thanks in advance.
>-Mike

You can't create multiple smtp entries in Site Addressing.
You have two choices (2 that I can think of anyway)
1 is to go to the IMS and add abcd.com and abcde.com to route to the
one that you've already got routed inbound. This means that everyone

receive mail to all domains.
2. Go to the IMS and route all the domains inbound. Then follow this
article from TechNet
XFOR: How to Configure Exchange with Secondary SMTP Addresses
[Q174351]
This will give you the ability to set the primary (what is shown on
outbound) mails for individual users but means that you have more
adminisrative overhead.

Mark Arnold MCSE MVP

Before U post... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

 
 
 

Creating multiple SMTP addresses in "Site Addressing"

Post by Michae » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 08:35:01


there is actually a third option you can do a directory
export then twitch the CSV to show the new addresses you
want adde.  though I do not recomend thins unless you have
done exports/imports of the directory in the past and know
how to twitch CSV files.

>-----Original Message-----

>>I am looking for the easiest way to globally create
>>multiple smtp addresses in EXCH 5.5 (SP4).

>>Everything is working fine, I just want to save from
>>spending the next few days typing in each recepient.
>>Is there a way to do this in the \Configuration\Site
>>Addressing?
>>If not, what would be the best way? Thanks in advance.
>>-Mike
>You can't create multiple smtp entries in Site Addressing.
>You have two choices (2 that I can think of anyway)
>1 is to go to the IMS and add abcd.com and abcde.com to
route to the
>one that you've already got routed inbound. This means
that everyone

address but would
>receive mail to all domains.
>2. Go to the IMS and route all the domains inbound. Then
follow this
>article from TechNet
>XFOR: How to Configure Exchange with Secondary SMTP
Addresses
>[Q174351]
>This will give you the ability to set the primary (what
is shown on
>outbound) mails for individual users but means that you
have more
>adminisrative overhead.

>Mark Arnold MCSE MVP

>Before U post...

http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

- Show quoted text -

Quote:>.

 
 
 

Creating multiple SMTP addresses in "Site Addressing"

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Sat, 08 Jun 2002 01:49:11




> I am looking for the easiest way to globally create
> multiple smtp addresses in EXCH 5.5 (SP4).

> Everything is working fine, I just want to save from
> spending the next few days typing in each recepient.
> Is there a way to do this in the \Configuration\Site
> Addressing?
> If not, what would be the best way? Thanks in advance.
> -Mike

This article should point you in the right direction:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q155414

Regards

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP
FAQ located at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

 
 
 

1. X400 addresses on incoming mail converted to "bogos"smtp addresses

Hi,
After we changed to nativemode the senders address on incoming mail is changed to
som bogos SMTP address ->

This implies that it is imposible to use reply. We can send X400 mail.
It seem's that this convertion is being done on the transfer from bridgehead
server to mailbox store server.
Any idea's
Thanks..
Rgds Atle

2. POP delay

3. create "common" personnal address book

4. Viewing all users delivery options??

5. Help on "Multiple Offline Address Lists"

6. generic ?

7. multiple address "pool"

8. URGENT PROBLEM PRINTING WITH OUTLOOK 98 WON'T WORK!!!!

9. "Site address"

10. no addresses in "all address list"

11. From address different to "real" address

12. "+" character in SMTP addresses

13. Unwanted "." in SMTP address