Exchnage 5.5 - Site Connector with DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

Exchnage 5.5 - Site Connector with DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

Post by Ranko Tend » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 18:29:30

All,

I am hoping you may be able to help me.

The Problem:

I have a Windows 2000 server acting as a PDC and a Windows NT 4 as a BDC
on one domain, the BDC has Exchange 5.5 installed and is working fine
for the site based email.

The other domain is running a NT4 PDC and no BDC.

The domain is a trusted with another, this site is trusted to domain:
COROFIL the the COROFIL domain is trusted to RIGIDAL (this domain)

I can access the Corofil domains PDC and its shared files from our site,
and access the CORFIL network, and vice-versa.

Now the problem is this, both sites has Exchnage 5.5, which handles both
their own site based email and internet based email, now I am trying to
re-establish the Site Connector, but I keep on getting the following
error message, from both Exchange Administrator Programs from both
sites, when I try to connect to the other site.

--
You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation.

Microsoft Exchange Directory
ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS
--

Now this I am getting when I try to either setup a Site Connector or
when I try to conect to the other sites Exchange Server via the local

Both are using the Administrator account, and both have exactly the
rights ie Domain Admin and Administrator.

In Exchnage the orgainizations are identical and in lower-case 'talfab'
the RIGIDAL domains site is called RIGIDAL and the COROFIL domain site
is called COROFIL.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them to link together?

All that has changed is that the previous PDC on the Rigidal site was
NT4, this has been formatted and setup with NT4 server as a BDC tro a
new IBM Windows 2000 based server as a PDC.

Exchnage is running on the NT4 - BDC on the Rigidal domain, and the
Corofil domain is still running only one server as NT4 server acting as
a PDC for its domain.

Please reply to the NG or directly via email which is below.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Regards

Andrew Painter

Exchnage 5.5 - Site Connector with DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

Post by Kirrin Jone » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:27:23

There are a few things that you can try. Try restarting and then connecting
after you have tried each one.

[1] You may not have the RPC service installed on one or both of the
machines. Install the RPC Configuration Service in Networks under Control
Panel.

[2] The Exchange Server service account may not have the rights.

1. Confirm that the Exchange Server service account is properly configured
with the appropriate Microsoft Windows NT permissions.
2. Confirm that the service account has the Service Account Admin role at
the site level on both sites. The service account should have this role on
the Organization and Configuration containers as well.
3. Log off the current account, log on as the local service account, and
then create the site connector.

Hope this helps you out.

--

You can get in contact with my through
My ICQ # 46844261.

> All,

> I am hoping you may be able to help me.

> The Problem:

> I have a Windows 2000 server acting as a PDC and a Windows NT 4 as a BDC
> on one domain, the BDC has Exchange 5.5 installed and is working fine
> for the site based email.

> The other domain is running a NT4 PDC and no BDC.

> The domain is a trusted with another, this site is trusted to domain:
> COROFIL the the COROFIL domain is trusted to RIGIDAL (this domain)

> I can access the Corofil domains PDC and its shared files from our site,
> and access the CORFIL network, and vice-versa.

> Now the problem is this, both sites has Exchnage 5.5, which handles both
> their own site based email and internet based email, now I am trying to
> re-establish the Site Connector, but I keep on getting the following
> error message, from both Exchange Administrator Programs from both
> sites, when I try to connect to the other site.

> --
> You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation.

> Microsoft Exchange Directory
> ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS
> --

> Now this I am getting when I try to either setup a Site Connector or
> when I try to conect to the other sites Exchange Server via the local
> admin client on the other domain.

> Both are using the Administrator account, and both have exactly the
> rights ie Domain Admin and Administrator.

> In Exchnage the orgainizations are identical and in lower-case 'talfab'
> the RIGIDAL domains site is called RIGIDAL and the COROFIL domain site
> is called COROFIL.

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them to link together?

> All that has changed is that the previous PDC on the Rigidal site was
> NT4, this has been formatted and setup with NT4 server as a BDC tro a
> new IBM Windows 2000 based server as a PDC.

> Exchnage is running on the NT4 - BDC on the Rigidal domain, and the
> Corofil domain is still running only one server as NT4 server acting as
> a PDC for its domain.

> Please reply to the NG or directly via email which is below.

> Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

> Regards

> Andrew Painter

Exchnage 5.5 - Site Connector with DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

Post by Andrew Painte » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 01:21:23

I have looked at all the points you suggested, and it appears to be all
set up correctly, I have tried all the points bar point 3, as this is a
domain, I can not get the NT4 BDC to logon to its own local account,
only the PDC/Domain administrator account.

RPC is set in both service sections under networking on both the BDC
(NT4) box at domain Rigidal, and the NT4 PDC at domain Corofil, the
Windows 2000 PDC at Rigidal does not have an entry called RPC service
under networking, only that SoQ...

Any other ideas? I thought maybe if I removed the Exchange server from
the Corofil domain and reinstalled that, then I would have default
server settings at both sites, then there can not be a setup problem
with the exchange server that has been in place for 12 months.

Or could the problem be related to the fact that the PDC on one domain
is Windows 2000 based, and the PDC on the other domain is NT4 related?

Thanks

Andrew Painter

says...

Quote:> There are a few things that you can try. Try restarting and then connecting
> after you have tried each one.

> [1] You may not have the RPC service installed on one or both of the
> machines. Install the RPC Configuration Service in Networks under Control
> Panel.

> [2] The Exchange Server service account may not have the rights.

> 1. Confirm that the Exchange Server service account is properly configured
> with the appropriate Microsoft Windows NT permissions.
> 2. Confirm that the service account has the Service Account Admin role at
> the site level on both sites. The service account should have this role on
> the Organization and Configuration containers as well.
> 3. Log off the current account, log on as the local service account, and
> then create the site connector.

> Hope this helps you out.

> --

1. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS Error when joining existing site

With Exchange 5.0, I try to install a second server into the site and it
says I can't continue with this error message:
    Microsoft Exchange Server Setup
    Failed to connect to the server 'xyz' with the following error.
    Microsoft Exchange Directory
    ID no. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

The account I am using is in Domain Admins, and RCP Configuration
Service is installed on both servers.  The DC's are all sync'd up.  Do
you have an idea?

Thanks in advance.

2. Exchange 5.5 Auditing

3. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS starting exch 5.5 admin

4. Storing Calendar and Schedule Files on Server

5. NT upgrade + exchange 5.5 DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS error

6. Secure Exchange

7. URGEND!!!! ID-Nr: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

8. multiple copies of my mail??

9. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

10. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS - Help!!

11. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS