Server reply for mailbox

Post by Mike » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:45:50

Have Exchange 5.5 running on NT 4.0 platform, all service
packs applied. The issue is I want to have the server
reply to incoming mail that the user is no longer with
the company and provide the new person e-mail address.
Want this done on the server side so I don't have to have
machines sitting around with Outlook running opened to a
former users mailbox.

1. Moving mailboxes to different site within organisation - problem with reply address/reply route

I have two Exchange 5.5 servers running as two different sites in the same
organisation. They are connected using a x400 connector and all is working
fine.

I now need to move a few mailboxes from one site to the other and I am doing
that using exmerge - no problems.

Now here is the real problem:

The mailboxes for user A and user B are both in site X. User B has sent a
mail to user A.

Users B is moved from site X to site Y

User A replies to the mail from user B - the reply fails as user B is no
longer to be found in site X

Question: Is there any way I can make the reply find it's way to user B's
new mailbox in site Y?

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated!

Regards,

Jan

2. Outlook Web Access Question

3. Exchange Server 5.5 Mailbox Restore (Pls Reply Very soon)

4. system attendent error

5. Mailbox Auto reply - Server Level

6. ActiveX connection problem.

7. Have server reply reverts to reply using template

8. Outlook Express Setup for Exchange

9. Auto Reply Script wont run on one mailbox????

10. Email Automation: Handling no-mailbox reply-to's

11. Automated Replies From Mailbox

12. Need help changing reply/from address on mailboxes please

13. Reply Mailboxes