prevent users to create subfolders, delete item

prevent users to create subfolders, delete item

Post by e_kanghu » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:37:04

Hi

I using Exchange 5.5 + SP2 for company's message system,
the normal users can not create the top-level folder now, how
can I prevent users to create subfolders and delete any items
in Public Folder, but they can post new item to it.
in which place I can configure the properties?

Thanks Advance

kanghua

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:31:44

>I using Exchange 5.5 + SP2 for company's message system,
>the normal users can not create the top-level folder now, how
>can I prevent users to create subfolders

Remove the "Create subfolders" permission from the folder for that
user.

Quote:>and delete any items
>in Public Folder,

Remove their permission to delete any items.

Quote:>but they can post new item to it.
>in which place I can configure the properties?

On the property page for the folder.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Preventing outlook from creating default item for a new user

Hello,

    I would like to know if there is a way to prevent Outlook to create his
default example item (mail,note,task,journal) when starting outlook for a
new user... the problem is that if a user create a new profile on more than
one system he get those example item everytime what is really annoying to
delete everytime..

Thank

Michel Lapointe

2. Adding Disclaimer Text for All Outgoing Mail

3. recover deleted items...preventing users

4. Forwarded message loses text - second try

5. Preventing users from deleting from sent items

6. store.exe

7. Deleted messages, deleted item retention time, and recovering deleted items

8. configuring owa

9. prevent creating new items in mailbox on server via clients

10. Preventing purge of deleted items

11. Prevent Mailbox Cleanup Agent from Deleting Contact Item in Outlook