Messages with attachments stay in IMC queue

Messages with attachments stay in IMC queue

Post by Ed Woodric » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Tommy,
Try sending some real small attachments. Also check with your ISP and see
if they are using something weird on their side. Also check the Internet
Mail tab on the Internet connector for the send attachments using
selection. I am setup as Plain Text MIME.
--
Ed Woodrick
EDCOM

Quote:> Hi everybody!

> We have a little problem. When you send messages to the internet, the
> ones with attachments won't go anywhere. They just sit in the IMC
> outbound queue. The normal messages (text only) are delivered normally.

> Could this be a problem in our internet connection. I mean if it's too
> slow or used, could it be the problem? Or is there something else I
> should check in our Exchange 4.0 Server?????

> Thanx

> -Tommi Lingonheimo

Messages with attachments stay in IMC queue

Post by Kimmo Bergius [MVP » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

The performance of the Internet connection should not affect delivery of
messages, as long as the connection is not dropped during delivery. You
haven't by any chance set the maximum trnsferrable message size to
something real small? Also how do the messages appear on the queue, has the
IMC tried to send them? If it has, you could try setting on Diagnostics
(SMTP Protocol Log on maximum), try sending another message, and then
having a look at the log file under IMCDATA\LOG at what is happening during
the SMTP connection.

Cheers,
Kimmo

ps. Mukava n?hd?, ett? maanmiehetkin ovat l?yt?neet t?m?n tukikanavan.
--

Bitwit Oy - training - courseware - technical support
Kimmo Bergius tel. +358-9-6133500

Bitwit Oy - multimedia development - internet - intranet