Email recipients get multiple copies

Post by Jeff Kone » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello-

A couple of weeks ago, one of our departments sent an email to a mailing
list (approx. 5000 people). Unfortunately, during the transmission, the
server blue-screened with a stop 0x0000000A irql_not_less_or_equal
referencing the NIC driver.  We updated the driver, and everything has
been completely stable since.

However, we soon learned that the recipients of the email message, over
the next few days, had received multiple copies of the message...some as
many as eight!  The message id's were all identical.

Client:  Outlook 97 (8.02.4212)
Server:  NT 4.0 SP4
         Exchange 5.5 SP2

Can anyone think of a reason these recipients would receive so many
copies of the same message?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

Email recipients get multiple copies

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I would use ISINTEG (have backup _first_) to check priv.edb and dir.edb.
Then you can use ESEUTIL to do the same (have backup _first_).

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.
Kirill S. Palagin

Email recipients get multiple copies

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Afterthougth:
since MTA does DL expansion you shour run MTACHECK to check MTA queues and
work files.

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.
Kirill S. Palagin

1. external recipient gets multiple copies of email sent to DL

Exchange Server 5.5

I have a user, configured in Exchange as a custom recipient who is a member
of two distribution lists.
There is a third distribution list which has the first two DL's as its
members.
The external recipient gets two copies of all emails sent to the third DL.
Does any one know how to stop this occurring, without significantly
restructuring the DL membership?

many thanks for your help

Andy C

2. Mail doesn't go in or out of Outlook

3. single email to multiple recipients = multiple emails to same recipient

4. Help!, Exchange 5.5 et NNTP

5. Some mailboxes getting multiple copies of email

6. Exchange and Mcaffee netshield.

7. Getting multiple copies of same Email

8. Advice Needed

9. Broadcast email: Recipient recieve multiple copies

10. some internet recipients recieving multiple copies of emails

11. Recipient receives multiple copies of email

12. single email x multiple recipients = multiple emails