Admin Full Mailbow access

Post by Nicolas R » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:25:12

Hi...

I noticed while creating large amount of mailbox account, the folder name
are sometime not the correct one. The name of the folder is create the first
time the client accesses his mailbox ! But I was wondering if it's not the
system account while reading it which enable the system language on the
folders!
When it happen, I have to access to the user account using his account
information via an Exchange Client program which allow renaming the folders!
But is it possible for an admin using maybe scripts to access to any mailbox
easily in order to rename folders ?

Any Help would be welcomed

Nicolas

Admin Full Mailbow access

Post by Ronen Gabba » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:33:03

The Exchange folder are created for each client with the default client
language setting not the server language.

http://www.slipstick.com has a list of tool you can use to
change them. Outlook 2002 SP1 has by default a feature to reset the names.
Otherwise you could try to obtain an old Exchange 5.0 client to change them.
Another option is to use http://www.masuch.net or an Outlook 2000/2002
macro: http://195.97.240.247/modifydefaultfoldernames.htm

Siegfried added

> macro: http://195.97.240.247/modifydefaultfoldernames.htm

Heads up. IP doesn't work after the domain moved to another server. Use
http://www.cdolive.com/modifydefaultfoldernames.htm instead.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server

--
Please do not send email directly to this alias.

Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
Hi-Tech College
ISRAEL

Quote:> Hi...

> I noticed while creating large amount of mailbox account, the folder name
> are sometime not the correct one. The name of the folder is create the
first
> time the client accesses his mailbox ! But I was wondering if it's not the
> system account while reading it which enable the system language on the
> folders!
> When it happen, I have to access to the user account using his account
> information via an Exchange Client program which allow renaming the
folders!
> But is it possible for an admin using maybe scripts to access to any
mailbox
> easily in order to rename folders ?

> Any Help would be welcomed

> Nicolas

1. admin account shows full rights but still can't access mailboxes

I've been trying to assign myself full rights to each mailbox on our
exchange 2000 server.  We have to many accounts to go one by one and assign
myself full rights so I decided to use the Delegaton Wizard and delegate at
the organization level.  After the delegation completes and AD catches up
under the Exchange Advanced tab in ADUC it shows that my account now has
full rights to all mailboxes.  Great...only it doesn't work.  Through
outlook I cannot open any mailboxes but my own.  If I go to each mailbox and
assign myself full rights then I can get in the mailbox.  I've checked
security everywhere I can possibly think of...I've tried only assigning
permissions at the exchange store, I've added myself into the Exchange
Domain Servers and that doesn't work.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Mike

2. Q: POP3 Connector

3. Regaining Full Admin Control of 5.5 w/SP4

4. where is the details of messages

5. Admin's Mailbox Full

6. command line exchange mail sender

7. Admin access to users mailbox when logged on as admin from Workstation

8. Virus Checker for Exchange Server 5.5 (Checks Attachments to user's mail)

9. Exchange Full Admin

10. need full admin right

11. MTA won't start reports disk full but disk is not full

12. Full Mailbox but it's not showing full

13. Removing Deny from Full MailBox Access in Active Directory