OWA and import contacts via web folders?

OWA and import contacts via web folders?

Post by Dieter Vo » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:49:00

Hello out there

I am still looking for a solution to import my Outlook client contacts
into my OWA. Reading through all the posts, I understand that there is
no thing like an Import option from OL 2000 contacts into OWA. I am
using the OWA from my ISP hence I don't have a direct access to
Exchange server folders (contrary to what I can do at work where I
work on the exchange folders and consequently have no problems to read
contact information when accessing my folders via OWA from other
business locations.)
For my private emails, however, I am using the OWA provided by the
ISP. What I can do, though, is to create web folders in my network
neighbourhood - and I can see all the folders and their content. Each
folder contains records as *.eml files. Wouldn't there be a way to
import contacts via the web folders? When copying one of these files
locally to my desktop it creates a file which upon double-clicking
opens as an Outlook Express email...And opening the file in an editor
returns the code below.

Any ideas if that could be used for getting my contacts into OWA?

Thanks a lot for your patience as this question is being asked
frequently before - but I have not seen anyone trying it to solve with
web folders.

Best regards

Dieter

Subject: Voss Dieter
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:44:27 +0100

PEhUTUw+DQo8SEVBRD4NCjxNRVRBIE5BTUU9IkdFTkVSQVRPUiIgQ29udGVudD0iTWljcm9zb2Z0
IERIVE1MIEVkaXRpbmcgQ29udHJvbCI+DQo8VElUTEU+PC9USVRMRT4NCjwvSEVBRD4NCjxCT0RZ
Pg0KPERJVj4mbmJzcDs8L0RJVj4NCjwvQk9EWT4NCjwvSFRNTD4NCg==

OWA and import contacts via web folders?

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 15:10:37

You'd need a MAPI session to that mailbox.  OWA does not support copying of
folders.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Hello out there

> I am still looking for a solution to import my Outlook client contacts
> into my OWA. Reading through all the posts, I understand that there is
> no thing like an Import option from OL 2000 contacts into OWA. I am
> using the OWA from my ISP hence I don't have a direct access to
> Exchange server folders (contrary to what I can do at work where I
> work on the exchange folders and consequently have no problems to read
> contact information when accessing my folders via OWA from other
> business locations.)
> For my private emails, however, I am using the OWA provided by the
> ISP. What I can do, though, is to create web folders in my network
> neighbourhood - and I can see all the folders and their content. Each
> folder contains records as *.eml files. Wouldn't there be a way to
> import contacts via the web folders? When copying one of these files
> locally to my desktop it creates a file which upon double-clicking
> opens as an Outlook Express email...And opening the file in an editor
> returns the code below.

> Any ideas if that could be used for getting my contacts into OWA?

> Thanks a lot for your patience as this question is being asked
> frequently before - but I have not seen anyone trying it to solve with
> web folders.

> Best regards

> Dieter

> Subject: Voss Dieter
> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:44:27 +0100

PEhUTUw+DQo8SEVBRD4NCjxNRVRBIE5BTUU9IkdFTkVSQVRPUiIgQ29udGVudD0iTWljcm9zb2Z0
IERIVE1MIEVkaXRpbmcgQ29udHJvbCI+DQo8VElUTEU+PC9USVRMRT4NCjwvSEVBRD4NCjxCT0RZ

Quote:> Pg0KPERJVj4mbmJzcDs8L0RJVj4NCjwvQk9EWT4NCjwvSFRNTD4NCg==

1. Public contact folders via web access

We have a few public folders set up to hold contacts.  When we go to access
these public folders from OWA, we get this error message:
        This version of Outlook Web Access only supports your primary
contact folder
What version of OWA do we need to get the non-primary contact folders to
display?  Since when is there more than one version of web access?  We are
running Exchange 5.5 SP2 with IIS3.0.

Any clues?  We have people that go offsite on a regular basis and they would
like to be able to access client information we store in the public folders.

Thanks

2. MS Exchange 5.0 & SMTP connection limit errors

3. Getting to contacts in Public Folder via OWA

4. No inbound email received, Please help!

5. Error Access Public Contact Folder via OWA

6. Web Client cant change password

7. Import Contacts From Contacts Folder To Global Address List

8. IMC Diagnostic Logging turns on at server reboot

9. Contacts imported via WebDAV not visible in address list

10. Importing user contacts via XML

11. Contacts, Public Folder Contacts show as messages on Mac client and PC/Mac Web access

12. .PAB Import to Web Mail Contacts

13. Outlook Web Access support for contact folders other than the Primary folder