Weird SECURITY concern in Exchange 5.5

Post by Mike » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:06:24

Hi,

I run Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on NT 4.0 SP6a.  When I go into
Exchange Admin and look at the properties for individual
mailboxes I am seeing soemthing that concerns me.  Where
it shows a mailbox and the account associated with it
(domain\user) for one of my high security accounts it is
reporting a different user than the correct NT account
that should be shown.  Also, it changed since last week
from one 'different user' to another.  It
s still not the correct user.  This is in Exchange Admin
where you can view how much space a mailbox is taking up.
ANy thoughts on this?

Weird SECURITY concern in Exchange 5.5

Post by Russ » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 05:51:08

This is the last account to access the mailbox, which
could be antivirus, or the service account, or, I believe,
another user checking the owner's calendar.  Try checking
the calender yourself, and see if it shows your account.

1. Weird SECURITY concern in Exchange 5.5 -HELP

Hi,

I run Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on NT 4.0 SP6a.  When I go into
Exchange Admin and look at the properties for individual
mailboxes I am seeing soemthing that concerns me.  Where
it shows a mailbox and the account associated with it
(domain\user) for one of my high security accounts it is
reporting a different user than the correct NT account
that should be shown.  Also, it changed since last week
from one 'different user' to another.  It
s still not the correct user.  This is in Exchange Admin
where you can view how much space a mailbox is taking up.
ANy thoughts on this?

2. Custom Recipients

3. Weird SECURITY concern in Exchange 5.5 server HELP

4. Dr watson say :store.exe error

5. security concerns if open exchange 5.5 to internet

6. voice mail?

7. Hosted Exchange Security Concerns

8. mschat1j.exe - does this file exist?

9. Security Concerns with Exchange as a Public Email Server

10. Exchange 5.0, HTTP Access & Security concerns

11. security questions concerning Exchange

12. Outlook Web Access Security Concern Need help with IIS

13. Inbound e-mail to public folder: security concern?