Microsoft Linkage Directory Exchange 3.2

Microsoft Linkage Directory Exchange 3.2

Post by Greg Pierc » Fri, 09 May 2003 04:30:04

Hello - I've seen during recent searches on the web a tool
Microsoft purchased from a company in Toronto in 1997,
called LDE. It's used to allow Exchange 5.5 to talk to
other mail services. Does anyone know where and how to get
it, and how much it cost?

Best Regards

GP

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 09 May 2003 10:11:37

>Hello - I've seen during recent searches on the web a tool
>Microsoft purchased from a company in Toronto in 1997,
>called LDE. It's used to allow Exchange 5.5 to talk to
>other mail services. Does anyone know where and how to get
>it, and how much it cost?

I'm sure someone at Microsoft would know.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Microsoft Linkage Directory Exchange 3.2

Post by Russ » Fri, 09 May 2003 22:14:19

I believe the LDE was the predecessor for the Lotus Notes
Connector.  I'm not sure what else it did, or if any of
its functions would still be valid with a newer version of
Exchange.

My guess is that to actually acquire it, one would need a
Wayback Machine.

Quote:>.

Microsoft Linkage Directory Exchange 3.2

Post by Neil Hobso » Sat, 10 May 2003 00:32:54

Yes it was.  It also did things like SNADS and PROFS IIRC.  Yuk!  (I did get
the PROFS connector and calendar connector working on a project, which was
fun to say the least).

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk

> I believe the LDE was the predecessor for the Lotus Notes
> Connector.  I'm not sure what else it did, or if any of
> its functions would still be valid with a newer version of
> Exchange.

> My guess is that to actually acquire it, one would need a
> Wayback Machine.

1. Microsoft Mail 3.2 and Exchange 5.0

--

There are a set of utilities contained in the Resource Kit that will permit you
to migrate the Directory information between the two systems.  You can download

Microsoft MVP - BackOffice
Experience teaches you to recognize a mistake
when you've made it again        -Anonymous

2. SMTP to spefic domain

3. Directory Sync between Mail 3.2 & Exchange 4.0

4. Resolving Names

5. IMS Message Delivery Problems

6. Default Value = to user

7. Directory Sync with MS 3.2 Postoffices

8. LinkAge Directory Exchange (LDE)

9. Linkage Directory Exchange

10. Migration from MS-Mail 3.2 to Exchange 5.5

11. How to synchronize Exchange 5.0 Server with MS Mail 3.2 Server