MS-Mail/Exchange global address list question

MS-Mail/Exchange global address list question

Post by moin.. » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

We have one Exchange Organization with two sites A and B. Site A has
only one Exchange server (Exchange 5.5 SP1) on which runs the MS-Mail
connector.
Directory replication happens every day with MS-Mail at 4 am.
The only informations available in MS-Mail are the Custom Recipients of
the Global Address List (from both sites A and B) and the Exchange
mailboxes that have been created on Site A server.
Question : how can I make the Exchange mailboxes of site B available in
MS-Mail Global Address List (they do appear in Exchange GAL of
course...) ? Do I just need to setup another MS-Mail connector in site
B ?
Thanks for your help ;-)

Regis

mailto : moinier at my dash deja dot com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>We have one Exchange Organization with two sites A and B. Site A has
>only one Exchange server (Exchange 5.5 SP1) on which runs the MS-Mail
>connector.
>Directory replication happens every day with MS-Mail at 4 am.
>The only informations available in MS-Mail are the Custom Recipients of
>the Global Address List (from both sites A and B) and the Exchange
>mailboxes that have been created on Site A server.
>Question : how can I make the Exchange mailboxes of site B available in
>MS-Mail Global Address List (they do appear in Exchange GAL of
>course...) ? Do I just need to setup another MS-Mail connector in site
>B ?
>Thanks for your help ;-)

Display the properties page of the DirSync Requestor. Select the
"Export Containers" tab, use the drop-down in the lower-left corner to
select the other site and add it's Recipients container to the list on
the right side of the page.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Post by moin.. » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> >We have one Exchange Organization with two sites A and B. Site A has
> >only one Exchange server (Exchange 5.5 SP1) on which runs the MS-Mail
> >connector.
> >Directory replication happens every day with MS-Mail at 4 am.
> >The only informations available in MS-Mail are the Custom Recipients
of
> >the Global Address List (from both sites A and B) and the Exchange
> >mailboxes that have been created on Site A server.
> >Question : how can I make the Exchange mailboxes of site B available
in
> >MS-Mail Global Address List (they do appear in Exchange GAL of
> >course...) ? Do I just need to setup another MS-Mail connector in
site
> >B ?
> >Thanks for your help ;-)

> Display the properties page of the DirSync Requestor. Select the
> "Export Containers" tab, use the drop-down in the lower-left corner to
> select the other site and add it's Recipients container to the list on
> the right side of the page.

> ------------------
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE, Exchange MVP

This has already been done...
Someone told me this is a well known _problem_ and that you need to
apply SP2 on the Exchange server and the problem will be fixed... I am
a bit surprised. Is it true or not ?

Thanks a lot ;-)

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>This has already been done...
>Someone told me this is a well known _problem_ and that you need to
>apply SP2 on the Exchange server and the problem will be fixed... I am
>a bit surprised. Is it true or not ?

It may be, but the only references to problems like that (that I could
find) are for Exchange 4.0 and 5.0.

If that person could tell you the KB article that described the
problem . . .

Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP