Export Contact List from Exchange SBS 5.5 to Exchange 2000

Export Contact List from Exchange SBS 5.5 to Exchange 2000

Post by Rob Daugher » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:40:34

I am installing a new server.  Our current server is a SBS 4.5 with
Exchange.  We have several Public Folders "Contacts" lists that have
been created.  Now I need to get that info from the SBS server over to
the new Exchange 2000 Server.  Any ideas???

Thanks for any help!

Rob Daugherty

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:13:39

> I am installing a new server.  Our current server is a SBS 4.5 with
> Exchange.  We have several Public Folders "Contacts" lists that have
> been created.  Now I need to get that info from the SBS server over to
> the new Exchange 2000 Server.  Any ideas???

> Thanks for any help!

> Rob Daugherty

Hi Rob,

I would suggest logging into Outlook with owner permission of the needed
contact list and exporting them to pst. Once that is done you could import
them into the Exchange 2000 environment. If you have more than a couple,
you might look at other solutions for moving data (ie exmerge). I hope that
helps you out.

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP