Outlook Logon Slow

Post by Russell, Matthe » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Version 5.5, SP installed, Clients using Outlook 97 and 98.

Situation:

We have changed our lan so that our ISDN router is attached directly into
our hub, not through an external ethernet adapter on our Exchange Server.

We unfortunately had to do this for several reasons.  Ever since we made
that move, the logon to Exchange Server has been slow.  When I try to log
on, it looks like the ISDN router to our ISP is sending tcp/ip packets out
to the internet.

I have a feeling this is the cause of the slowness.  Is there any way to
correct this problem?

Additional information:  each pc is configured for a gateway to that
particular router so clients can access the internet.

Thanks for any response.

Outlook Logon Slow

Post by Chet Carso » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Are you sure you don't have a name resolution problem?

What happens when you ping your server by name?

What happens when you ping your server by ip address?

Check out the KB article dealing with this, if either takes more than a
second or two.

C.

Outlook Logon Slow

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

You could also try adding an LMHOSTS file to the \Windows directory. In the
LMHOSTS file, add an entry for the address of your Exchange server.

Quote:>Are you sure you don't have a name resolution problem?

>What happens when you ping your server by name?

>What happens when you ping your server by ip address?

>Check out the KB article dealing with this, if either takes more than a
>second or two.

>C.

1. Outlook Logon Slow

Version 5.5, SP installed, Clients using Outlook 97 and 98.

Situation:

We have changed our lan so that our ISDN router is attached directly into
our hub, not through an external ethernet adapter on our Exchange Server.

We unfortunately had to do this for several reasons.  Ever since we made
that move, the logon to Exchange Server has been slow.  When I try to log
on, it looks like the ISDN router to our ISP is sending tcp/ip packets out
to the internet.

I have a feeling this is the cause of the slowness.  Is there any way to
correct this problem?

Additional information:  each pc is configured for a gateway to that
particular router so clients can access the internet.

Thanks for any response.

2. LDAP problem

3. Change service account in a clustered enviroment. Exchange 5.5 / NT 4.0

4. Mailbox Size Reporting

5. Outlook logon to exchange slow.

6. Multiple Mailboxes?

7. slow or delayed logon to Exchange server using native Outlook 98 MAPI client across the Internet

8. Outlook slow to logon

9. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW

10. how to synchronise outlook 2002 logon to exchange server with network logon

11. Outlook XP trying to logon to Exchange server - unable to logon