Making public folders available offline

Post by Bob Wa » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 06:55:30

I want to make public folders available offline for my client, but when I
click on send/receive settings, there is no checkbox to make the folder
available offline.

When I go to send/receive groups and select EDIT for "all account", my newly
created public folders do not chow up.  I only see PUBLIC FOLDERS with the
FAVORITES subfolder.

Am I missing something?  I am using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000 SP3.

Thanks

Making public folders available offline

Post by Susa » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:16:11

you have to make a public folder a "favorite" to be able to use it
offline...

Quote:> I want to make public folders available offline for my client, but when I
> click on send/receive settings, there is no checkbox to make the folder
> available offline.

> When I go to send/receive groups and select EDIT for "all account", my
newly
> created public folders do not chow up.  I only see PUBLIC FOLDERS with the
> FAVORITES subfolder.

> Am I missing something?  I am using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000 SP3.

> Thanks

Making public folders available offline

Post by Bob Wa » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:35:20

When I right-click Favorites in Outlook, there is no menu item for New
Folder.  Do I have to do this from Exchange?

> you have to make a public folder a "favorite" to be able to use it
> offline...

> > I want to make public folders available offline for my client, but when
> > click on send/receive settings, there is no checkbox to make the folder
> > available offline.

> > When I go to send/receive groups and select EDIT for "all account", my
> newly
> > created public folders do not chow up.  I only see PUBLIC FOLDERS with
the
> > FAVORITES subfolder.

> > Am I missing something?  I am using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000 SP3.

> > Thanks

Making public folders available offline

Post by Bob Wa » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:55:21

Never mind!  Figuired it out.  Thanks.

> When I right-click Favorites in Outlook, there is no menu item for New
> Folder.  Do I have to do this from Exchange?

> > you have to make a public folder a "favorite" to be able to use it
> > offline...

> > > I want to make public folders available offline for my client, but
when
> > > click on send/receive settings, there is no checkbox to make the
folder
> > > available offline.

> > > When I go to send/receive groups and select EDIT for "all account", my
> > newly
> > > created public folders do not chow up.  I only see PUBLIC FOLDERS with
> the
> > > FAVORITES subfolder.

> > > Am I missing something?  I am using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000
SP3.

> > > Thanks

Making public folders available offline

Post by Susa » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:59:30

do you have "offline folders" configured?  if so, you should be able to
right-click the folder you want, and add it to favorites...

> When I right-click Favorites in Outlook, there is no menu item for New
> Folder.  Do I have to do this from Exchange?

> > you have to make a public folder a "favorite" to be able to use it
> > offline...

> > > I want to make public folders available offline for my client, but
when
> > > click on send/receive settings, there is no checkbox to make the
folder
> > > available offline.

> > > When I go to send/receive groups and select EDIT for "all account", my
> > newly
> > > created public folders do not chow up.  I only see PUBLIC FOLDERS with
> the
> > > FAVORITES subfolder.

> > > Am I missing something?  I am using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000
SP3.

> > > Thanks

1. Making public folders available offline

I want to make public folders available offline for my client, but when I
click on send/receive settings, there is no checkbox to make the folder
available offline.

When I go to send/receive groups and select EDIT for "all account", my newly
created public folders do not chow up.  I only see PUBLIC FOLDERS with the
FAVORITES subfolder.

Am I missing something?  I am using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000 SP3.

Thanks

2. cc mail connector

3. making public folders available offline

4. OUTLOOK 97 ARCHIVING PROBLEM

5. Making Public folders available offline

6. Backing up mailboxes!

7. Public folder -Making it available offline

8. fghgfh

9. Making resource calendars available under All Public Folders?

10. ???Making Public Folders available over the web???

11. making addresses from public folders available

12. public folders made availble offline?

13. Public folder available offline?