Front end and Backend Server

Post by DeJay No » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:35:27

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to experiment with the front end and back end server
architect with exchange.  I had one question before I started.  If I already
have a production exchange2000 server up and running can I still set up a
front end server?

Front end and Backend Server

Post by Jorge Ferreir » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:49:48

Hi,

yes you can. You just have to add this new server and configure it to be a
front-end server. There is a good whitpaper that should guide you through
all the configurations.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/E2KFrontBa...

Hope that helps,

Jorge Ferreira

Quote:> Hi all,

> I'm getting ready to experiment with the front end and back end server
> architect with exchange.  I had one question before I started.  If I
already
> have a production exchange2000 server up and running can I still set up a
> front end server?

1. Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

I have recently implemented a FE/BE configuration for security reasons.  OWA
works perfectly when connecting to the front end.  But, if someone using
IMAP or POP when attaching to the FE, the Client (we are using Outlook
express) gives an error like the following:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by

Subject '', Account: 'IMAP Mail', Server: '192.168.1.92', Protocol: SMTP,

Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Now, the BE server has been configured for SMTP relay for a while, and IMAP
and POP3 works fine if you connect to it.  But the FE is the problem.  I
read some posts about setting up a Smart Host in SMTP, but I didn't know
exactly what they meant and I tried it and it didn't work on the FE and BE.
I also configured the FE SMTP relay exactly the same as the BE relay.

Any suggestions on how to set this up?  Or where I went wrong?

Thank you

            -Daric Smith

2. session.logon from a DLL

3. Front end / Backend servers

4. Newbie RAS Question

5. 2 backend server and 1 front end

6. Default Profile...

7. Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

8. Setting up news feed

9. BETA: E2K3 Front end with E2K Backend Server

10. OWA Front End BAckend Server specs for 500Users

11. Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

12. No Front-End Server Checkbox for Font/Backend Configuration

13. Ex SP3 upgrade, backend/front end upg order query