Multi-Part Email Messages Problem

Post by fatwol » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Internet user sent out a mail, but cut it into 3 parts.  With POP, it
downloaded OK as one mail with one attachment.  However, as an Exchange
client, it views as 3 different messages with garbage attachments.

We're running Exchange 5.5, SP3 with post-hotfix.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>Internet user sent out a mail, but cut it into 3 parts.  With POP, it
>downloaded OK as one mail with one attachment.  However, as an Exchange
>client, it views as 3 different messages with garbage attachments.

>We're running Exchange 5.5, SP3 with post-hotfix.

Exchange clients see the message as three distinct messages. They
aren't designed to reassemble messages that have been split.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Multi-Part Email Messages Problem

Post by fatwol » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Rich, so it's just merely the limitation of Exchange? no other
solutions?

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>Thanks Rich, so it's just merely the limitation of Exchange? no other
>solutions?

I haven't had to split a message into sections in years! Unless you're
working with 1200/2400bps modem lines I really don't see the need
(unless it's to subvert the message size limit in place on a SMTp
server).

I suppose you could use a POP3 client to read those messages.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP