Message Size Question ???

Message Size Question ???

Post by Jon Tala » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00



Hi All,
     I am Having a problem with message sizes on Exchange 5.5 sp2.
My default size on the ExchangeIMS is set to a 1024K max (about 1 meg).
Then I have set some users up with a 3000K limit or NO Limit
I understand that the file size get increased by about 1.53 times.  But this
should not affect my NO Limit users.
It looks like, exchange uses the IMS first and if it does not pass that it
doesn't query the user size limit.
Is there any way to set this up ?

Jonathan Talan
Network Administrator
Big M, inc

 
 
 

Message Size Question ???

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00



> Hi All,
>      I am Having a problem with message sizes on Exchange 5.5 sp2.
> My default size on the ExchangeIMS is set to a 1024K max (about 1 meg).

Message size can be restricted on 3 levels Mailbox, MTA and Connector.
You put restriction on connector (IMC). It willnot allow your users to send
messages bigger than specifyed.

Quote:

> Then I have set some users up with a 3000K limit or NO Limit

That is for messages that do not pass IMC (or MTA).

Quote:

> I understand that the file size get increased by about 1.53 times.  But this

Which file you are talking about.

Quote:

> should not affect my NO Limit users.
> It looks like, exchange uses the IMS first and if it does not pass that it
> doesn't query the user size limit.
> Is there any way to set this up ?

Not likely.
Quote:

> Jonathan Talan
> Network Administrator
> Big M, inc


 
 
 

Message Size Question ???

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00



>     I am Having a problem with message sizes on Exchange 5.5 sp2.
>My default size on the ExchangeIMS is set to a 1024K max (about 1 meg).
>Then I have set some users up with a 3000K limit or NO Limit
>I understand that the file size get increased by about 1.53 times.  But this
>should not affect my NO Limit users.
>It looks like, exchange uses the IMS first and if it does not pass that it
>doesn't query the user size limit.
>Is there any way to set this up ?

No. The limit on the IMS applies to that particular transport. The
limit on the mailbox applies to all messages sent or received by that
mailbox.

If the transport refuses the inbound message it never gets to the
information store where the mailbox limit applies. If the mailbox is
allowed to send a message to 3MB but the transport is restricted to
1MB then the message will be rejected, too.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

 
 
 

1. Message Size Question ???

Hi All,
     I am Having a problem with message sizes on Exchange 5.5 sp2.
My default size on the ExchangeIMS is set to a 1024K max (about 1 meg).
Then I have set some users up with a 3000K limit or NO Limit
I understand that the file size get increased by about 1.53 times.  But this
should not affect my NO Limit users.
It looks like, exchange uses the IMS first and if it does not pass that it
doesn't query the user size limit.
Is there any way to set this up ?

Jonathan Talan
Network Administrator
Big M, inc

2. The SELF permission

3. I want exchange to download from my POP server

4. question regarding message size limits

5. Compression

6. simple question. Out going message size

7. NetMeeting and Exchange 5.5

8. message size and mailbox size?

9. Incoming message exceed message size limit warning

10. Adjust standard message in MTA properties when message size has been reached

11. Messages get returned with message size errors

12. Incorrect Error message for message size