Need help Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server (2nd domain controller on domain)

Need help Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server (2nd domain controller on domain)

Post by Crazy Canuc » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 05:02:50

Trying to install Backoffice and Exchange 5.5 on WIN2k Server.

Server is 2nd domain controller on one domain
Admin rights already set for exchange administrator to entire domain.

Server is member then promoted to 2nd domain controller of domain.
then I install Backoffice and will not install.

Tried readiness kit upgraded Site Server and installed FrontPage.
Server is SP1 already all updates applied prior to install.

Will not install past 55% both on BACKOFFICE and when I try to install only
Exchange 5.5 from 5th CD.

HELP

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 06:19:47

> <snip>

> Will not install past 55% both on BACKOFFICE and when I try to install only
> Exchange 5.5 from 5th CD.

So what is the problem?

Quote:

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Need help Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server (2nd domain controller on domain)

Post by Crazy Canuc » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:34:30

If you asking to assist me then read on

Problem >

Lets me go all the way till 50 % of install and then give me the following
error.

LODCTR DSACTRS.INI error and
stops.

then goes to the generic "install not complete message and shuts down"

I then procead with Uninstalling Backoffice and Exchange.
Uninstall the partial install  and was successful.

Rebooted system and ...

Tried to reinstall now get error messages.

1:        While attempting to create the ms exchange directory service error
occurred

            " The specified service has been marked for deletion"

            Microsoft Window NT
            ID NO. 0xc0020430

Then I click next and pop I get another ...

2.        Processing file Drive:\Exchange\Server\Setup\i386\server.ins
            at or near line 15

           "The specified service has been marked for deletion"

            Microsoft Window NT
            ID NO. 0xc0020430

Then I click next AGAIN and pop once more another error ...

3.        "The specified Service has been marked for deletion.

            Microsoft Window NT
            ID NO. 0xc0020430

tried TECH NET no luck

ID NO. did not work as well.

> > <snip>

> > Will not install past 55% both on BACKOFFICE and when I try to install
only
> > Exchange 5.5 from 5th CD.

> So what is the problem?

> > HELP

> --
> Corrections are welcome.

> For "Good post" practice visit
> http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> Kirill.

Need help Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server (2nd domain controller on domain)

Post by Crazy Canuc » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:38:41

Resolved my issues.

Thanks for your help.

HP Netserver utilities were preventing my install of 5.5 to right to two
files in the win32 dir, removed my management tools and rebooted and
reinstalled. working fine.
management tools are back on and were smokin

> If you asking to assist me then read on

> Problem >

> Lets me go all the way till 50 % of install and then give me the following
> error.

> LODCTR DSACTRS.INI error and
> stops.

> then goes to the generic "install not complete message and shuts down"

> I then procead with Uninstalling Backoffice and Exchange.
> Uninstall the partial install  and was successful.

> Rebooted system and ...

> Tried to reinstall now get error messages.

> 1:        While attempting to create the ms exchange directory service
error
> occurred

>             " The specified service has been marked for deletion"

>             Microsoft Window NT
>             ID NO. 0xc0020430

> Then I click next and pop I get another ...

> 2.        Processing file Drive:\Exchange\Server\Setup\i386\server.ins
>             at or near line 15

>            "The specified service has been marked for deletion"

>             Microsoft Window NT
>             ID NO. 0xc0020430

> Then I click next AGAIN and pop once more another error ...

> 3.        "The specified Service has been marked for deletion.

>             Microsoft Window NT
>             ID NO. 0xc0020430

> tried TECH NET no luck

> ID NO. did not work as well.

in

> > > <snip>

> > > Will not install past 55% both on BACKOFFICE and when I try to install
> only
> > > Exchange 5.5 from 5th CD.

> > So what is the problem?

> > > HELP

> > --
> > Corrections are welcome.

> > For "Good post" practice visit
> > http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> > Kirill.

1. Windows 2000 AD domain controller domain NetBIOS name change

Is it possible to change the NetBIOS name of a Windows
2000 Active Directory domain?

Here is the situation.

I have a legacy domain "CASCADE".  We are moving to an AD
structure with cascadedisability.com as the domain name.
During setup of the DCs we left the NetBIOS domain name
as "CASCADE".  Taking a laptop back and forth between the
domains has shown us a problem with a computer joining two
different domains with the same NetBIOS name.  I am
affraid of the consequences of having two domains with the
same NetBIOS name merging.  Also, I want to avoid
reinstalling the DCs becuase this would lead to a big mess
with all the other member servers loosing contact with the

Your thoughts and experience is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

2. Email Attach - Get Comment.

3. Exchange Server as Windows 2000 domain controller

4. Creating Additional Address Books

5. Move from NT domain with Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 domain with Exchange 2000

6. Exchange 5.5 SP4 Delivery Failed

7. Backoffice 4.5 onto Windows 2000 Server (2nd DC on same domain)

8. Problems with the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service

9. Exchange 2000 with Windows 2003 Domain Controllers

10. Exchange 2000 with Windows NT Domain Controllers

11. Windows 2000 Domain Problem on LAN without Windows domain

12. Changing the domain controller server used by Exchange server 2000