Upgrade from MSExchange 5.5 Standard version to MSExchange 5.5 Enterprise version

Upgrade from MSExchange 5.5 Standard version to MSExchange 5.5 Enterprise version

Post by help » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:23:03

My Exchange server is getting close to the 16gb limit on the private
information store.  Instead of running Eseutil and removing all the junk in
the database I figure that I will just upgrade to enterprise edition.  Has
anyone done this?  I hear that that you can change one line in the registry
to upgrade from Standard to Enterprise

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:18:18

>My Exchange server is getting close to the 16gb limit on the private
>information store.  Instead of running Eseutil and removing all the junk in
>the database I figure that I will just upgrade to enterprise edition.  Has
>anyone done this?  I hear that that you can change one line in the registry
>to upgrade from Standard to Enterprise

No registry changes are necessary. All you need to do is to rerun the
setup program and then reapply the current service pack to the result.
The whole thing takes about 30 minutes.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Trade full version ES 5.0 Enterprise w/50 CALS for upgrade to 5.5 Enterprise

I am looking to trade a full version of Exchange Server 5.0 Enterprise
Edition with 50 Client Access Licenses for an upgrade from 5.0 Enterprise
Edition to 5.5 Enterprise Edition.

The software is unused and in an unopened box. Our non-profit organization
received the two Exchange Server 5.0 Enterprise Editions with 50 CALS as a
donation. Since we have a single server and a staff of only about 25, we
have no need for both. However, we do use the web access feature and would
benefit from the OWA enhancements to 5.5.

telephone to (608) 251-8550.

Sincerely,

Edwared Lee
Special Projects Coordinator
Urban League of Greater Madison, Inc.

2. using Exchange server on a second location connected to the first location

3. DL to .CSV file

4. upgrading from 5.5 standard to 5.5 enterprise

5. Backup individual Exchange messages

6. Upgrade Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise

7. unknown messages received???

8. Upgrade 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

9. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on Win2K

10. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise.

11. Upgrade 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise.

12. upgrade for Exchange 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise