Exchange Server is sending out "Message Not Read & Deleted" Messages at 1.15am

Exchange Server is sending out "Message Not Read & Deleted" Messages at 1.15am

Post by Chris Scharf » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Users send messages and when the user receives it, it is automatically
moved
>from the inbox to their personal folders.

This is the root cause of the problem.

Quote:>Any suggestions?

Set delivery to the server where it should be.

CS

Exchange Server is sending out "Message Not Read & Deleted" Messages at 1.15am

Post by Larry Yudel » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

We've got that same problem.  Technet indicates that SP2 is supposed to fix
it.  I haven't applied it yet though.

Exchange Server is sending out "Message Not Read & Deleted" Messages at 1.15am

Post by Johnston, Kelle » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Disagree.  Delivery to server mailbox is not suitable in all cases.
Personal folder delivery can be useful.

        --Kelley

Quote:>Users send messages and when the user receives it, it is automatically
moved
>from the inbox to their personal folders.

This is the root cause of the problem.

Quote:>Any suggestions?

Set delivery to the server where it should be.

CS

Exchange Server is sending out "Message Not Read & Deleted" Messages at 1.15am

Post by Chris Schar » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Disagree all you like, but for the vast, vast vast majority of users
delivery is best when set to the server. There are a few (very damn
few) exceptions to this where I would agree that setting delivery to
the personal folders is the best choice.

Based on the information the original poster provided, I saw no
indication delivery to the personal folders was a requirement or
recommended, so I made my point.

>Disagree.  Delivery to server mailbox is not suitable in all cases.
>Personal folder delivery can be useful.

>    --Kelley

>>Users send messages and when the user receives it, it is automatically
>moved
>>from the inbox to their personal folders.

>This is the root cause of the problem.

>>Any suggestions?

>Set delivery to the server where it should be.

BAD PST BAD

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
BV Solutions Group